JOB POSTING: MARKETING STRATEGIST
The Linden School is a values-driven independent K-12 school for girls, and non-binary students . Our award-winning teachers create innovative, experiential programs for diverse students. We are a supportive and collegial community located in midtown Toronto, and we are building Canada's best socially progressive school.
We are seeking a creative and passionate Marketing and Social Media Strategist to “tell The Linden School Story” in a compelling way. Our ideal candidate should have an understanding of not-for-profit marketing with the needs of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities in Toronto. Knowledge of equity, diversity and inclusion in education is key.
Linden staff and faculty work in a culture of respect and collaboration. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those that identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.
Develop an overall marketing strategy that will fast-track increased community awareness, enhance reputation, and drive enrollment and retention.
- Creates digital and other marketing strategies; as well as providing and executing strategic pivots to these strategies based on performance metrics.
- Website development
- Brand and digital content development and curation.
- Provides in-person support to the marketing team and staff, with some flexibility to work remotely.
- Collaborates with Linden faculty and other educational institutions as part of program development activities.
- Works with the Admissions and leadership team to identify student recruitment goals
- Attends staff, student, board and other community events/meetings as required.
- Ensures compliance with local, provincial, and federal legislation.
- Understands risk management as it relates to vulnerable and marginalized populations
- Works with staff, supervisors, and Board of Trustees committee members to establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, campaigns, and marketing initiatives to drive student recruitment..
- Represents our organization externally to the community, agencies, and the general public.
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and openness to new ideas in education practices, particularly related to digital technology.
- Strong organizational skills and energy for working in a vibrant community-based school.
- Work requires professional/strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Understand the policies and practices of the school while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of marketing methods and tools across multiple channels/platforms.
- Proven ability to analyze data, prepare reports and provide recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Strong clientele-facing skills, with exceptional ability to communicate conceptual ideas clearly and persuasively to all levels of our community.
- Strong technical skills, analytical skills, and the ability to manage complex projects
- Recent police check or willingness to obtain one
- Experience in the education and/or not-for-profit sector is an asset
A combination of/the completion of post-secondary education in Marketing and/or marketing related study.
- Minimum five years’ experience preferred.
- Preference will be given to those familiar with not-for-profit private school practices and work environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS & BENEFITS
- School days vary Monday-Friday between 8:30 am - 4 pm with some evening events during the academic year
- This is a contract position with possibility for renewal.
- Remuneration commensurate with work experience.
All staff and students on site are required to wear a mask. We apply current policies and practices for COVID-19 according to the Ministry of Education, Public Health restrictions and government mandates.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!