Marketing Strategist & Copywriter
Create, collaborate, and innovate while bettering the lives of others! We are looking for a talented Marketing Strategist to join our rapidly growing business.
Our wholesome meal solutions, time-saving cookware, and easy-to-follow meal plans and recipes help busy people and families cook healthy meals at home in 20 minutes or less. Founded in 1997, Epicure is growing fast across Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Strategist & Copywriter will be a talented product marketer, copywriter, digital strategist, and project coordinator.
As Marketing Strategist & Copywriter, you will:
- Develop and deliver creative, compelling, industry-leading product marketing copy, campaigns, and assets. You will collaborate closely and build strategies with Marketing, Creative, IRD, and Merchandising teams, while leading the writing/editing and project coordination for various projects.
- Support the launch of new products and promotions through the development of positioning, education, and marketing materials. Think product descriptions, printed catalogues, web/e-commerce content, product packaging, flyers, email marketing, video, and social.
- Develop and enhance digital content and strategies; work directly in various digital platforms (CMS, email marketing) to build, maintain, and deliver content.
- Employ strong editorial judgement as an editor and proofreader; ensure accuracy of information/facts and grammar while maintaining consistency of brand messaging, voice, tone, and writing standards.
- Be a product pro—develop a comprehensive understanding of our brand architecture, value proposition, features, benefits, and customers.
- Collaborate and work closely with stakeholders across the business to ideate, gather feedback, and ensure deliverables are completed on time while meeting business expectations.
- Interpret and draw insights on company data and campaign metrics.
- Support additional Epicure brand, marketing, and communications initiatives as required.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative; proactively identify issues and opportunities based on channel engagement and consumer trends.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while managing coinciding deadlines.
What we have:
- The opportunity to not only innovate, create, and grow, but to support initiatives and products that are truly useful and helpful.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Annual professional and personal wellness funds.
- Opportunity to join a team at the helm of expanding the company’s brand and mission—we are Canada’s largest direct sales company and are growing fast in the US.
- A team of talented and passionate marketing and creative professionals for you to collaborate with.
What you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional marketing role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Exceptional copywriting and proofing/editing skills. You’re just as handy with writing headlines and product descriptions as you are with proofreading and editing print materials.
- Excellent project coordination skills; you’re detail-oriented and proficient in tracking and reporting on progress while collaborating with teams to ensure requirements are met.
- Digital literacy and experience working in e-commerce, content management systems, and email marketing platforms.
- A “leave things better than you found them” mindset; continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Ability to thrive and stay on the ball when under pressure/managing multiple coinciding projects; this is a fast-paced growth environment.
- Proactive and responsive demeanor—think ahead and plan accordingly with minimal guidance.
- Ability to comfortably contribute to planning and strategy sessions and present your ideas and insights.
- Experience in the food/CPG industries and/or product marketing is required.
- Video editing skills considered an asset.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!