Position Strategist, Marketing
Department Marketing, University Relations
Status Staff, 100% full-time, Temporary
Start Date As soon as possible after closing date
End Date November 30, 2019
Salary Scale $4,397.93 - $5,253.28 per month (Staff pay group 8)
Closing Date May 28, 2019
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized for its emphasis on teaching excellence, experiential and applied education, community engagement, and Indigenization. UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. With six campuses and centres, UFV offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts, sciences, and professional studies, as well as trades and technology education, university preparation, and continuing education.
At UFV, we are dedicated to changing lives and building community. Our educational goals are to prioritize learning everywhere; be flexible and responsive; collaborate across boundaries; develop local and global citizenship; and integrate experiential learning. A British Columbia “Top Employer”, we are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and dynamic learning and working environment that is fair and respectful of everyone. Our culturally diverse employee and student populations reflect the local, national, international and Indigenous communities we serve. If you see yourself as a lifelong member of a community that values and nurtures innovation and creativity, cultivates leadership and citizenship, and where success builds on success, you belong at UFV.
The Marketing Strategist leads the development and execution of marketing activities and campaigns for a varied portfolio of university departments, maximizing the cohesion and efficiency of marketing efforts university-wide. Using a digital-first marketing approach, the Marketing Strategist is also adept at recognizing the value of and integrating print, events and traditional advertising tactics for greater impact. This includes managing relationships with partners and stakeholders throughout the university and collaborating with internal and external specialists such as designers, photographers, and web developers to achieve strategic objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with our partners and stakeholders in UFV departments to create marketing plans that achieve specific goals while aligning with and promoting UFV’s marketing best practices and brand.
- Gathers and analyzes data that will help inform marketing strategy.
- Develops digital-first marketing campaigns that focus on web, social and email marketing, incorporating print, events and traditional advertising when appropriate.
- Manages assignments, delivery schedule and budget for projects and campaigns, communicating with campus stakeholders, collaborating with internal creative staff, and sourcing and managing outsource suppliers when required.
- Writes clear and compelling copy for digital and print marketing collateral.
- Manages the development of digital assets such as websites, landing pages, social media content and emails.
- Develops and executes media plans for digital, print and/or broadcast and outdoor advertising.
- Provides marketing expertise, training and advice to UFV partners and stakeholders.
- Measures the effectiveness of marketing activities and campaigns and provides reporting to partners and stakeholders.
- Diploma in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience including three years of direct marketing experience.
- Experience developing and executing integrated digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance several projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with SEO, SEM, email and content marketing and customer journey mapping.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and experience with web content management systems.
- Capable in the use of MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.