Have you wondered what it's like to work for one of BC's Top Employers?
Come work for FINCAD and find out. Since 2009, we have been selected as one of BC's Top Employers 5 times and in 2015, we were chosen as one of the Top 100 Small and Medium Employers in Canada.
Are you passionate about working in a dynamic environment with colleagues that create world class software? Do you have an untapped interest in the financial markets? And perhaps you'd like to work with other really smart, passionate, and all-around awesome people? If so, you should keep reading...
FINCAD is an established leader with more than 20 years of experience, providing innovative and trusted financial analytics software to organizations worldwide. With deep market understanding, a client-centric business approach, and unmatched engineering expertise, FINCAD is uniquely positioned to lead the market in enterprise risk and valuation technology. FINCAD serves more than 1,000 organizations across the globe through its offices in New York, London, Beijing, Dublin and Vancouver. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Specialist for a 1 year maternity leave replacement to assist in all aspects of marketing, including lead generation activities, marketing campaigns, database management, analyzing market data etc. FINCAD is committed to supporting ambitious professionals who want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
I am an organized, driven, results focused professional with a true passion for marketing. My passion for marketing is evident when I engage in a conversation about marketing campaigns and finding different ways to help promote a brand, generate leads, and drive sales. I thrive in a high tech environment and the idea of combining finance and software intrigues me. I am looking for a role that allows me to directly contribute to the success of the company. I am looking to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
What We Will Ask of You
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will work within the marketing team to align all marketing initiatives, activities and scheduling into a seamless course of events aimed at driving sales and keeping a consistent place in the market.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of researching, planning, booking, logistics, budget and accounting for events including sales trade shows and other key events
- Support marketing managers with lead generation and marketing campaigns, including online, email, and social media components
- Create and execute email campaigns using Marketo
- Project manage all campaigns and dependencies using BaseCamp
- Support and drive partner marketing efforts, including all event execution in Asia
- Analyse and report on the success of marketing campaigns and initiatives, highlighting areas for continual improvement
- Assist with tracking / measuring ROI of all marketing activities, including maintenance of metrics reports
- Coordinate webinar logistics and presentation development support
- Coordinate marketing administration functions, including lists and database management, and marketing automation support
- Track and manage all marketing budget spend and expenses using budgeting software solution, liaise monthly with finance
- Extract customer lists for campaigns and customer newsletters
- Manage promotional calendar of activities
- Coordinate distribution of newsletters
- Assist with any maintenance of marketing collateral and the FINCAD website
- Maintain sufficient physical stock of marketing materials and coordinate delivery of these materials to employees as required
What You'll Need
- 1-3 years of experience in a marketing coordinator/specialist role.
- Previous experience in the finance industry and knowledge of financial derivatives is a plus.
- University degree, preferably with a marketing specialisation.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation (Marketo) web analytics, PPC programs and social media advertising.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience managing budgets and working with finance
- Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams, collaborating with other departments as necessary.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed and continually improve.
- Excellent attention to detail with good planning and organizational abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple deliverables.
- Motivated self-starter who is willing and eager to "roll up the sleeves" and work with the marketing team on major initiatives such as product launches, business development initiatives and campaigns.
What's In It for You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- A company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results-oriented performance-based culture
- A culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan. Everyone enjoys the bright natural light from floor to ceiling windows with a spectacular 360 degree view of the Coastal Mountains and surrounding urban areas. We are conveniently located next to a Skytrain station (literally across the parking lot)
- Our Ministry of Fun that organizes regular social and sporting activities for employees and their families, including monthly socials and company anniversary celebrations
- An opportunity to give back to the community through FINCAD HOPE [Helping Other People Effectively] – our employee managed charitable program that enables you to get involved with deserving community projects and make a difference.
- Support for a positive work/life balance through free use of the on-site fitness centre, choice of free parking or a transit subsidy, and 3 weeks' vacation on hire