Marketing Specialist, Brand, Marketing and Recruitment (Full Time)
These are two newly created full-time positions due to a recent reorganization within the department.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the planning and implementation of all marketing related initiatives for program area marketing.
As Marketing Specialist, you will work collaboratively with a diverse team to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies. This includes providing reviews and edits of existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness, cross-selling implications and adherence to brand guidelines; writing and editing support for all outbound communication including promotional materials, social media and website content; and, participating in the development of research and analysis to support school and program specific areas. In addition, you will organize advertising, collateral and new media initiatives, all web strategy tactics and search engine marketing to facilitate effective web marketing for clients.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of all components of the integrated marketing mix in order to support the ongoing growth of the University and in particular the program marketing planning while also qualifying market positioning and refinement.
To be well suited to the role you will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field and
- A minimum 3-5 years marketing and/or advertising experience - advertising agency experience is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service background
- Ability to plan, write, develop and execute coordinated marketing and promotional activities, briefs and plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated and flexible and enjoys a multi-task, high paced work environment
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Resourceful in problem solving
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to present marketing campaigns to clients
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in use of PC (all Microsoft Office products)
- May require working occasional evenings and weekends or some overnight travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license