Payfirma is an award winning payments startup based in Vancouver, BC. We develop amazing payment technology that enables businesses to accept debit and credit cards in their stores, online, or on their mobile devices.
We’re looking for a bright, customer obsessed, driven, and creative entry-level candidate to join our Marketing Team. The Marketing Specialist will assist in the development, implementation, tracking and evaluation of the effectiveness of marketing strategies. They will utilize a wide range of skills and work closely with cross-functional areas such as sales, product and development, operations, and support, to drive new customers, retain existing customers and increase revenue.
- •Support the Marketing Team and help achieve lead generation goals through assistance in various marketing projects
- •Construct and maintain a robust schedule of events (e.g. Meetups, tradeshows, sponsorship opportunities at industry and partner events, etc.)
- •Conduct market and customer research and maintain a current understanding of the payments/financial industry to share with the team
- •Design and produce print and online marketing assets for customer and prospect communications (e.g. email campaigns, website content, sales collateral, customer case studies, advertisements, promotional and event materials)
- •Content development and editing with an eye towards SEO and lead generation for the company website and blog
- •Monitor and maintain an online presence on our social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Quora, etc.)
- •Participate in brainstorming sessions with the Marketing team to test and concept new channels of lead generation and customer outreach
Skills and Experience
- •1-2 years in a marketing, communications role
- •Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- •A strong passion for technology
- •Experience with B2B marketing content creation and best practices
- •Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment
- •Ability to work well with others and collaborate across departments and with outside resources.
- •Ability to stay current on new technologies and payment industry news
- •Strong analytical, communication (written & verbal), and organizational skills
- •Inquisitive and curious! You love asking questions, combining quantitative stats with qualitative details, and yearn to better understand our customer’s needs
Nice To Haves
- •Some experience in payments, ecommerce, software or financial services industry is a plus
- •Knowledge of email marketing best practices and email automation platforms
- •Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and understanding of general design, content and graphic layout principles
- •Experience with Salesforce.com
Compensation package is commensurate with experience. Employee will be paid a competitive base salary, potential commissions and annual bonuses. Payfirma also offers one of the best medical and dental benefit packages in Canada and a healthy stock option plan that ensures you succeed when we succeed.