At BDO, our team is our most valuable asset.
With a strong international and national presence, BDO is one of the leading professional service providers in Canada. Our team of professionals provides clients with a full range of assurance, accounting, tax and advisory services supported by our local accessibility and hands-on approach to individual client needs. We possess the experience and resources of a large firm yet offer our clients the personalized service of a smaller firm.
As the Canadian Member Firm of BDO International (with offices in more than 135 countries), we employ more than 3,000 partners and professionals and over 400 additional staff members. Our employees are given more opportunities to experience all industries, work closely with our diverse client base and collaborate with their colleagues. We also provide training tailored to our employees' individual requirements and job responsibilities.
- Group RRSP and customized health and dental benefits
- Firm-supported training program for CA students
- Reimbursement of student fees and professional dues for employees with, or working towards, a professional designation
- 3 weeks of annual paid vacation for full-time employees with no waiting period
- Customized performance management program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition of long-term employee service
- 106 offices located across Canada in urban centres and smaller communities
- A strong commitment to corporate social responsibility, with one day per year assigned to volunteerism
- An in-house online corporate university that promotes continuous learning and professional development
MARKETING SPECIALIST (Vancouver Office)
BDO Canada LLP's Vancouver Office has an immediate opening for a Marketing Specialist. We are seeking a qualified candidate with demonstrated abilities to deal with sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical. This is a permanent full-time opportunity located in downtown Vancouver.
Position Summary: The Regional Marketing Specialist will be responsible for marketing related activities in the local LMR office. This includes the implementation of national marketing programs – and development and execution on marketing initiatives at the local level. The position also supports Business Development activities and works closely with a “marketing committee” to develop the office marketing strategy and program.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Marketing Collateral, Advertising & Promotional Material:
- Coordinates the development of marketing collateral including print advertising, brochures, publications, invitations, posters, signage and newsletters.
- Works with local and National office to coordinate local advertising.
- Coordinates and orders promotional material as needed.
- Ensures the Corporate Visual Identity Standards and National Brand standards are met for all office material and collateral.
- Works with local office and National to coordinate National campaigns, programs and initiatives.
- Industry Program: Member of office industry teams and works with office industry leaders to support the office industry program and initiatives.
- Alumni Program: Liaises with HR to develop an office alumni list and coordinates annual alumni events and programs.
Marketing Calendar & Events
- Coordinates all client-facing events; MYPDR, seminars, receptions, roundtables. Also coordinates internal office meetings (ie. marketing meetings, partners retreat, townhalls).
- Creates and monitors a marketing calendar with the Marketing Committee.
- Supports the firm’s communications program and works with National to implement and execute on communication strategy.
- Coordinates internal and external communication for the roll-out of marketing projects and campaigns (including sponsorships).
- Works with marketing committee to develop monthly/quarterly office newsletters.
Proposals & Market Research
- Assists in the proposal process by liaising with National office of support documents, statistics, data and information.
- Conducts research and analyzes data for various marketing initiatives, including proposals.
Marketing Committee & Budget
- Key member of the office’s marketing committee.
- Coordinates monthly marketing committee meetings.
- Tracks an annual marketing budget (includes advertising and sponsorships).
- Works with OMP, Partners, BDM and National on ad-hoc reporting requests – for example, “new clients” reporting and referral activity.
- Tracks opportunities, pursuits and proposals for the office and develops an office “scorecard”.
Special Projects As Required/Needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant marketing work experience.
- University degree in business or related discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – interacts well with all levels of staff – partners, managers and clients with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of team, handle multiple projects, multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with in MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.