Part-time marketing contract: VCMT
The Vancouver College of Massage Therapy is the leading massage therapy college in North America and we’re not just saying it! We have the highest pass rates on board registration exams of any massage school in B.C. - and B.C.’s accreditation standards are the highest in North America. We are great at education but not so great at sales and marketing. Up until now, we have relied on word of mouth to attract students to our school and patients to our 15 room on-site massage clinic, however we are evolving and want to improve VCMT’s public presence. We have retained an ad agency to assist with a social media playbook and brand re-vamp, and currently use the services of a digital marketing agency on a limited basis but are looking for someone to help us formulate and, more importantly, execute whatever sales and marketing programs we concoct together. We have some ideas but would love to also work with yours
We expect this new position will be front-end loaded – maybe 20 hours per week for 3 months and then dropping to 10 hours every week or so once the programs are running. The work will be both inward facing (newsletters, email blasts, communication look and feel, town halls, document editing, events), and outward facing (printed materials, social media, sales, events).
- Develop and execute sales, branding and marketing strategy.
- Manage social media. Our Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts could use some (a lot) of love. You’ll create and schedule all social media.
- Take care of all graphic design & production. Design and manage the production of marketing materials for the college – from concept through to pre- & post-production. This involves template-based and custom design of materials including brochures, internal communications, email blasts, signage, website and promotional gear.
- Prepare, write and source content for the various initiatives including monthly newsletters, email announcements, social media posts, etc. ensuring accuracy of all marketing materials, including proofreading/editing.
- Manage and optimize our SEO program.
- Manage our website.
- Initiate and organize outreach and community events.
- Ensure all these channels are working in concert.
- Measure results (after we figure out how to define marketing success). In addition to doing the work, you’ll also report on the effect of the programs.
- Whatever else we can think of.
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience, social media, digital marketing.
- Experience working with Adobe InDesign or Adobe Creative and Photoshop and some knowledge of HTML5/XHTML/CSS, content management systems and website programming.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, objectives and deadlines.
- Great written skills.
- Real attention to detail and accuracy
- Low maintenance, self-directed, and takes ownership of tasks.
- Proficient in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Hootsuite, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Degree in marketing/Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interest/experience in all aspects of marketing including digital, advertising, design, copywriting.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- The people here, both staff and students, genuinely want to do good in the world through providing healthcare to others.
- We like to think we offer a comfortable environment, though Dave’s Dad jokes can get old.
- We are a blank canvas WRT marketing.
- Free massages at our on-site clinic.Top of Form