The individual in this position will:
- Provide graphic design and layout, copy writing and editing services for a variety of print and digital promotional materials (brochures, flyers, advertisements, fundraising letters, web pages, etc.); manage sign-off process and the production and distribution of products
- Execute content marketing campaigns using Google Ads and other online marketing vehicles
- Execute corporate social media strategies across all platforms, recommend adjustments in approach for corporate campaigns; provide guidance and support, and monitor quality against brand, for program locations to execute their own social media campaigns to promote local programming
- Act as primary contact for all website and intranet changes and proactively manage the content and design of these sites
- Support online e-mail marketing campaigns through vehicles such as Mail Chimp and Constant Contact including managing contacts, setting up messages and tracking results for internal and external campaigns
- Produce video material such as client testimonials to support fundraising campaigns; provide photography services to document agency events
You have a university degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or a related discipline and 1-2 years of workplace experience. You have the ability to write a variety of copy to support communications, marketing and fundraising campaigns and you know software like Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat Pro and Photoshop on a MAC platform). You have a working knowledge of social media vehicles (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), and are familiar with or would be able to learn video-editing software (e.g., Imovie, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere) to produce basic videos for a variety of audiences as well as e-mail marketing platforms (e.g. Mail Chimp, Constant Contact), Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) and social media management systems (e.g. Hootsuite). A dependable, customer-focused team player, you listen and respond well to the ideas of others, providing assistance, information and support in order to build and maintain relationships. Constantly looking to improve and grow, you are organized and adept at managing change and making decisions, taking the initiative to propose new approaches and methods. You have excellent oral and written communication skills which enable you to update people from diverse areas about project progress or roadblocks.
JVS Toronto is a non-profit leader in employment services for jobseekers and businesses. Since 1947, JVS Toronto has played a vital role in the Greater Toronto Area providing career, employment, educational and vocational assessment services that annually supports over 21,000 individuals. We are recognized knowledge experts for our work with students, youth, mature workers, newcomers and persons with disabilities. JVS Toronto is the only Canadian recipient of an international award, the Ruderman Prize for Inclusion.