Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Do you drool over slick subject lines? Clap for clever campaign hooks? Geek out over KPIs and campaign metrics? If creative, strategic marketing excites you, read on!
We’re looking for an outgoing, passionate, results-driven Marketing Specialist to join the Manulife Insurance Marketing team. And just so we’re clear – this isn’t insurance as your Grandad explained it. We’re on a mission to modernize the insurance industry and set our business apart from traditional Financial Institutions using a fresh marketing approach. With transformational leadership and the development of a truly innovative and integrated Marketing organization it’s an exciting time to be in Marketing at Manulife!
We offer our advisors and clients solutions to help them protect their loved ones while meeting their financial goals. We aim to help achieve B2B and B2C business objectives by developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns. Through these campaigns, we strive to push Manulife’s reputation as an innovative, trusted and first-choice financial services provider. Oh – and you bet we have fun along the way.
As Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for helping support key projects and initiatives designed to address business opportunities and challenges. You’re a big-picture, creative thinker and you take initiative to learn, understand, win and have fun. Being highly collaborative, working well with cross-functional partners and being able to navigate in a matrix environment is essential. And above all else, you’re a proactive, nimble, responsible, organized team player who is keen to achieve results and learn along the way.
- Support and work closely with Marketing Manager to create effective digital and print collateral for wholesalers, advisors and clients
- Support Marketing Manager/Director in the planning and development of marketing proposals and delivery of successful marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Maintain relationships with Product and Sales partners to identify opportunities and challenges and collaborate on solutions
- Manage a diverse workload and sometimes demanding and / or competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with internal and external team members including; designers, translators and agency partners to ensure quality and accuracy of material to all identified audiences
- Liaise with project teams and business partners within Retail Markets and Canadian Division to ensure all campaigns and related materials are aligned with overall strategic themes
- Monitor the effectiveness and relevance of existing marketing strategies on an ongoing basis as well as recommend enhancements or course correction
- Optimize use of internal partners and resources – Social Media and Digital teams, Creative Services, Strategy and Research - to support the delivery of effective, high quality, on-time and on-budget campaigns
- Share best practices with colleagues both among the team and in other marketing departments (in Canada, US and Asia) to ensure consistency and success in the market
- Build an effective network of internal and external partners and maintain strong relationships with external suppliers.
- Contribute to the continued development of the team’s marketing plans and roadmap by embracing a strong team-player mentality, sharing key insights, identifying opportunities for alignment and understanding the needs and trends of the Retail business
- 3-5 years of work experience in Marketing successfully developing and implementing effective tactics and solutions to meet business objectives
- Post-secondary education preferably in Marketing or an equivalent field
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills with a proven ability to autonomously manage concurrent projects within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong judgment, consulting, negotiating, influencing and collaboration skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, maintain professionalism and foster collaboration and buy-in from key stakeholders
- Highly-motivated, detail-oriented self-starter who works well independently and is an energetic team-player with a strong focus on creative solutions
- Excellent writing and editing skills for all communication vehicles including print, digital and social
- Basic content marketing experience, storytelling skills and work across multiple medium such as digital, social media and print (for both B2B and B2C messaging)
- Some marketing strategy knowledge– planning, writing, editing, coordinating, and implementing a variety of complex marketing initiatives that support business goals
- Some demonstrable experience in setting and evaluating key performance indicators, summarizing key learnings and insights and applying all learnings to future initiatives
- Good organizational agility and understanding of the structure of multiple business partners and channels in a cross-functional environment
- Hands-on experience with online marketing campaigns, including management of targets and optimization methodologies would be advantageous
- Basic digital marketing experience and familiarity with marketing automation platforms (e.g. exact target, salesforce, etc.)
Key Skills & Attributes
- Financial services industry knowledge is an asset, but not a requirement
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft office suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- A good sense of humor, you work hard but still have fun
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset, but not a requirement
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of March 31, 2017, we had $1 trillion (US$754 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26.3 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Expiry Date: Jul 29, 2017, 8:59:00 PM