Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
The Marketing Specialist, pay-per-click programs is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of the AbeBooks paid search channel, including: developing the channel strategy and tactics to achieve sales goals, defining any product development requirements and business requirements, driving the creation of a strong reporting framework; and working closely with engineering and creative teams to maximize sales in the most effective way.
- Achieve quantitative and qualitative goals set for the paid search channel including sales, traffic and level of efficiency.
- Manage the paid search expense budget, including search engine cost and 3rd party fees.
- Manage the paid search platform including implementation, monitoring, day-to-day tasks and ensuring that the service provided meets the high quality standards of AbeBooks.
- Propose and develop a reliable, efficient and actionable set of KPIs to be used within the Online Marketing team and to be distributed to the Senior Management Team on a periodical basis.
- Develop & execute paid social marketing campaigns, including developing Social Media KPIs to measure impacts of social campaigns.
- Have the ability to dive deep on paid search data to understand changes in performance and trends, to translate analytical findings into concise business actions and recommendations.
- Coordinate with the design and interactive marketing team on display ad formats, seasonal campaigns and paid social advertising.
- Be on top of current technologies, emerging ad formats and new developments within the paid search field.
Candidate's Profile must include the following characteristics:
- You are adept at retrieving and analyzing data to answer business questions and deliver results.
- You must thrive on solving problems, improving processes, and increasing efficiencies.
- You communicate clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- You juggle multiple competing priorities simultaneously with apparent ease and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Your precise attention to detail and innate desire for excellence is infectious to those around you.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and are a metrics driven decision maker.
- Your technical and business savvy allow you to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization and get things done.
- You have proficient computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, and intermediate knowledge of the Internet and E-commerce.
- You have an absolute passion for ensuring a world-class Customer Experience.
- Business minded - ability to rationalize cost and benefit of projects
- Technically oriented - understanding of system limitations or requirements that will assist in producing strong, efficient and workable product suggestions
The Candidates Profile may also include the following characteristics:
- You have a degree in a relevant field and/or one to two years of comparable experience.
- Experience with working with a technical development team a plus
- Experience with setting project priorities and champion Online Marketing Projects a plus
- Experience in one or more Online Marketing channels (affiliates, search, email, social media) a plus
AbeBooks provides competitive salaries and great benefits. If you enjoy constantly broadening your technical skills, building software that affects users around the world, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity and product innovation, please complete the attached application form.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks