Marketing Specialist full-time
An opening exists at the North Vancouver Recreation Commission for the above position.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
This is specialized marketing and communications work designed to encourage public participation in Commission programs and services. The position develops and coordinates the production of community recreation program guides and promotional materials with an online emphasis (web, social media, e-newsletters); coordinates a sponsorship program and special events; develops marketing strategies; and performs market analysis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
- Considerable knowledge of marketing and communications principles, practices, methods, strategies, materials and techniques related to the work performed;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to write, prepare and edit print and on-line marketing materials, with an emphasis on program leisure guides and advertisements;
- Ability to identify promotional opportunities and recommend marketing strategies;
- Ability to coordinate public relations and marketing activities;
- Compile and interpret statistical and narrative data and prepare reports related to the work;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts;
- Ability to recruit and oversee the work of part-time staff and volunteers;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint is required. Working knowledge of website content management systems, social media channels, photo editing and graphic design software preferable;
- Considerable independence of judgment and action required in carrying out projects simultaneously, while discussing more complex matters with a superior who reviews the work performance in terms of accuracy, thoroughness and achievement of desired results.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree in marketing, communications or a related discipline plus minimum 4 years related experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND REGISTRATIONS: B.C. Driver's License.
This is an auxiliary position entailing approximately 35 hours per week. Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Hourly Rate: $27.02 - $31.81 per hr (2011 Rates), plus 12% in lieu of benefits
All Commission employees should be prepared to work at any Commission location. All candidates are required to submit to a Criminal Record Search prior to any appointment.