Perform all functions related to store based marketing and community relations.
- Implement and fully support Nation, Regional, and metro marketing programs.
- Work with store leadership to create and implement all store promotional and marketing programs, and communicate to customers and Team Members.
- Schedule monthly event calendar.
- Oversee demo program, execute demos including efficient set up and clean up, order demo supplies and maintain demo equipment.
- Sell product via samples, cooking/serving suggestions, and personal experience.
- Conduct and/or coordinate store tours, classes, and lecture programs for groups of adults and children.
- Act as a continuous source of creative ideas and solutions to increase store sales through marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Work with Specialists/Team Leaders/Receiver in order to ensure that product is ordered and received as required by demo scheduling.
- Manage all transfers or shrink logs as required by teams.
- Educate customers and Team Members on new, local, private label and culinary products
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles and grassroots community relations.
- Some event planning and management experience.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and creative.
- Able to inform and motivate Team Members.
- Knowledge of WFM culture, core values, and products.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights and weekends as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads. Push and pull carts.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, RRSP, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.