Reporting to the Manager, Lottery Marketing Communications, the Marketing Specialist, Lottery is responsible for investigating, developing, and executing against strategic retail marketing programs within the Lottery division to support sustainable growth for our retail partners. This role will help innovate how BCLC markets our business and communicates with our players in order to maximize growth and profit across all lottery brands.
- Develops the content strategy for the Digital Signage Network, providing key insights and recommendations to the Manager, Lottery Marketing Communications regarding opportunities to improve performance and drive revenue.
- Leads the development and execution of third party content on the Digital Signage Network, collaborating with key account partners, sharing content best practices, providing scheduling support and troubleshooting as required.
- Oversees the design, development and execution of the Lotto! brand including all brand marketing, advertising and communication as well as broader initiatives related to the brand (i.e. Key Account Group programs).
- Oversees the design, development and execution of strategic marketing for the Lotto! Signature Stores – offering a full service lottery experience that will educate, interact and engage with Lottery players (this includes promotions, unique content development for the Power Wall and digital signage solutions, research, etc.)
- Creates and executes the Lotto! Signature Store promotional calendar, collaborating with other business units to create programs that drive brand awareness and incremental revenues.
- Publishes Marketing Magazine on a monthly basis – sourcing images, writing copy and collaborating with the Lottery marketing team to align on key messages.
- Manages the marketing communication programs and initiatives at retail on lottery owned communication mediums including Digital Network, visual display terminals (VDT), player display units (PDU), BTV, live ticket messaging etc.
- Works cross-functionally within the Lottery marketing team to achieve campaign objectives and align digital marketing strategies.
- Develops and maintains relationships with marketing and creative teams throughout the organization to leverage insights and key learnings, develop strategic partnerships, and recognize organizational synergies.
- Contributes to Lottery’s digital marketing strategy, providing key insights and recommendations to the Manager, Lottery Marketing Communications regarding opportunities to improve results or generate incremental revenues.
- Proactively stays on top of industry trends in the area of advertising, branding, and digital marketing. Shares best practices and insights within and across the business.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A university degree in a related discipline such as business or marketing;
- 3 to 5 years recent, related experience in business, consumer marketing, or advertising agency environment;
- Experience in advertising, branding, and marketing, with an emphasis in the area of retail marketing. Digital experience may include direct marketing (email and/or mobile), internet and digital advertising, search engine optimization, and/or social media;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze business situations and develop solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to be highly creative and innovative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative in nature;
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite, Photoshop;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset.
Please Note: This role will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.