St. Michaels University School is looking for a multi-talented and creative individual to drive some of our major communications assets – particularly our blog, our social media pages and our email newsletters – and make them consistently relevant, entertaining and engaging to the audiences they serve.
The marketing team at SMUS is a five-member unit responsible for supporting student recruitment, student retention and annual fundraising as well as managing the school’s brand and enhancing its reputation.
The ideal candidate is the one that most closely fits the following profile:
- A strong writer with a good instinct for content that will resonate with a number of different audiences, including audiences of varying ages and cultural backgrounds.
- A talent for connecting with people and working with youth, seeking out great stories that advance our marketing goals from the strong network you develop among students, alumni, teachers and parents.
- Experience packaging content and delivering great layouts in a variety of media and using content management systems such as WordPress.
- A social media marketing native with a knack for community development on the major social platforms as well as a few minor ones.
- A capable photographer and videographer comfortable with handling equipment and editing your digital work in applications like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- An organized person skilled at juggling many projects at once with both short and long deadlines.
You will also be an attractive candidate if you have experience in media relations – developing relationships with journalists and bloggers to generate editorial opportunities. A serviceable level of skill using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator would also be an asset.