Marketing Specialist contract
Located in Toronto, ON and reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role requires an experienced, creative, dynamic and hard working individual who is full of fresh ideas and is committed to taking local marketing activities to a heightened level.This is a one-year contract term (mat leave coverage) which could lead to a permanent position.
Mission - To significantly increase the awareness and positive impression of our brands through sustained local store marketing efforts and national programs inclusive of relationship building with consumers, media and trade. Based in the GTA and reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role requires an experienced, mature, outgoing, dynamic and hard working individual who is full of fresh ideas and is committed to taking local marketing activities to a heightened level. This role may also include additional duties as assigned for other company brands.
- Project Management of multiple programs and priorities
- Supervision and coaching of individual restaurants in their marketing programs by location, city and region
- Multiple department communications and execution details for smooth alignment of all marketing initiatives
- Coordination and implementation of all local promotions, advertising and sponsorships that build sales – evening and weekend commitment may be required
- Evaluation of promotions (ROI, sales analysis, etc.)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key influencers and industry stakeholders through communications and information-sharing
- Deliver excellent support to operational teams, Regional Managers and colleagues
- Travel throughout Eastern Canada is required in support of marketing programs.
LSM – Local Store Marketing
- Plan, monitor and adhere to LSM budgets
- Communicate with and maintain positive relations with individual locations, suppliers and marketing partners
- National Special Event Coordination (i.e.: Summer Patio Parties)
- National One Day Event Coordination (i.e.: Valentine’s Day)
- Work with vendor partners and budgets
- Minimum three years experience in a marketing role
- Proven multi-project management experience with ability to multi-task
- Exceptional work ethic, combined with highly detailed communication skills both written and verbal
- Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency and meets challenging work goals
- Takes initiative and pursues opportunities
- Strong communication, teamwork and presentation skills
- Restaurant, bar and/or hospitality experience is an asset
- A College or University Degree in marketing/business is an asset
- Active working knowledge of social media platforms
- Transportation is required / reliable car in great condition
- Willingness to travel across Canada is required.