Are you ready to refine your marketing skills and grow as a marketing professional? Would you excel in a position that offers the opportunity to dive into multiple areas of marketing such as content writing, strategic social media marketing, marketing automation as well as online marketing? If you think so....read on!
Founded in 1999, Binary Stream Software has established a reputation for providing superior ERP add–on software solutions specifically for Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains). Ranked as one of the fastest growing technology companies in BC, and in Canada, our focus is to continually build on our successes by expanding and refining our ERP market position. As a result, we have a role for an enthusiastic and hardworking Marketing Specialist to work in our marketing department.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist provides content, creative and campaign development in cooperation with the Manager and at times freelancers and agencies. General duties of this position include research, content development, design, campaign management and online and offline marketing. This position includes supporting direct marketing initiatives including lead generation activities, large projects, partner management, and customer and industry research. The successful candidate will be exceptionally detailed-oriented, well organized and be highly enthusiastic about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment. Long term success in this role is dependent on your ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. You have an interest in technology, enjoy learning and employing new marketing tools, and aspire to grow.
In cooperation with the Marketing team, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Develop, manage and drive lead generation activities.
- Develop, deploy, analyze and optimize multi-touch inbound and outbound content marketing programs, campaigns and activities across multiple channels.
- Develop content to establish and drive authentic, consistent, and compelling messaging across multiple channels.
- Assist in developing product positioning and cross channel marketing strategy through statistical analysis, surveys and focus groups.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to create, write, proofread, edit and design content for various marketing activities. Includes, but not limited to: blogs, sell sheets, brochures, white papers, infographics, case studies, website content, product profiles, presentations, illustrations and branding design.
- Utilize HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Photoshop as they pertain in the creation and coding of emails, landing pages and microsites.
- Assess campaign and nurture effectiveness and performing research to identify campaign priorities, best practices and trends.
- Map website content requirements (product pages, etc.) and ensure current product basics presented in website to support promotional activities for demand generation campaigns (specifically around product releases and enhancements).
- Drive consumer engagement, action and the sharing of their experiences.
- Create and nurture relationships with key partners.
- Continually improve design and optimize landing pages and nurture campaigns through complex marketing automation tools.
- Create and maintain a marketing analytics dashboard that is used to continuously refine and improve our lead-generation efforts, which will enable us to make data-driven marketing decisions.
- Support efforts to maintain email marketing regulations, including CAN-SPAM and online privacy. Assist with management of email opt-in efforts and list segmentation.
- Implement rigorous series of tests to constantly determine key drivers of program success and to build out a library of email best practices.
- Create amazing web content that promotes how our customers are using our software and profoundly connects with target audiences.
- Use social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blogs and podcasts to develop communities and deliver targeted messaging.
- Jump in to help with other marketing projects and tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or College diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Commerce.
- 5+ years of related marketing experience, business / financial software marketing preferred.
- Advanced level copywriting skills for a variety of mediums.
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver, HTML.
- Experience working with CRM systems, CMS systems, marketing automation software and workflows.
- Analytical and creative thinker with excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully organize and prioritize multiple email template projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable eye for detail, strong organization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and interact smoothly and effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to operate independently and with minimal supervision