Applications are invited for the following
2 Positions in Communications & Marketing, External Relations
(1 full-time regular and 1 full-time term position to March 31, 2014)
These positions will create and oversee marketing and promotional initiatives for a portfolio of internal clients representing approximately half of the Institute’s Schools and Divisions. These positions also participate in JIBC-wide marketing activities. Working closely with programming staff in the School and Divisions, the incumbents create and implement marketing plans that ensure an integrated and strategic approach to promoting programs, courses and special events using a variety of approaches, tactics, and measurements, including digital media, social networking, web analytics, and print, to ensure an optimal return on investment.
- Create and implement marketing plans in order to increase awareness, and promote programs, courses and events in order to: enhance the JIBC reputation; grow enrollments and contract clients; identify new revenue streams, enhance the reputation of JIBC, capitalize on opportunities to cross promote and sell, and enhance engagement with new and repeat students and clients.
- Conduct market research and working in collaboration with programming staff, create strategies to attract new audiences and markets and launch programs and events.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of marketing budgets for the Schools and Divisions in the portfolio; create project plans, event budgets and work plans for marketing campaigns and special events.
- Plan, promote and organize special events, conferences and seminars; collaborating with programming staff to identify topics and speakers for special events, conferences and seminars; creating project plans outlining tasks, resources, and timelines.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of web pages to ensure they meet the needs of prospective and repeat students and clients.
- Develop and apply metrics to measure to evaluate success of marketing efforts.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate, create efficiencies and cost savings, and ensure marketing efforts leverage the reputation of JIBC.
- Coordinate and execute marketing for special events, and at trade shows and conferences to increase awareness, and recruit new students and clients.
- Work with internal and external experts in graphic design, digital and multimedia, to identify, create and disseminate value added content, e-promotion, posters, print materials, and advertisements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Marketing certificate, diploma or undergraduate degrees with a minimum of five years’ related experience in all aspects of developing, maintaining and measuring the success of marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives; or an acceptable equivalent of education, training and experience.
Strong understanding of market research, customer and market dynamics and requirements; preferably as applied in the post-secondary education and/ or not for profit sector.
Thorough understanding of branding principles, digital marketing, social and multimedia, and web analytics as it relates to the wide range of marketing and promotion strategies and tactics.
Proven ability to design, develop, and implement strategic marketing plans and supporting tactics and measurements.
Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; knowledge of Key Survey and Training Partner or similar evaluation and student information systems; familiarity with Drupal (or similar software); knowledge of and ability to use email marketing software such as Mail Chimp. Knowledge of and previous experience working with CRM systems is preferred.
Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities with tight deadlines and high client expectations.
Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language.
Self-motivated, flexible and open to changing priorities and managing tasks simultaneously with compressed deadlines.
Key behavioural competencies that will be assessed in the evaluation process include:
- Organizational Skills
- Prioritizing & Multi-tasking Skills
- Computer Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Please provide copies of your academic credentials with your resume/CV and cover letter.
- If selected for an interview, a presentation of a portfolio of the candidate’s previous examples of marketing plans with tactics will be requested.
- Candidates being considered for this position will undergo the following testing: Word, Excel, Grammar & Proofreading.
$1,848.24 - $2,105.82 bi-weekly (BCGEU Position – Grid 20)
May 24, 2013
June 7, 2013
Justice Institute of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in broadening the diversity of its staff. We encourage applications from visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.