Job ID #: 10074
Job Type: Home Office
Facility: London Home Office, 990
Position Type: Full-Time Temporary
Duration: This is a 10 month term-contract position.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 15th, 5:00 PM (EST).
GoodLife Kids Foundation:
At GoodLife Kids Foundation, our purpose is for every Canadian kid to have the opportunity to live a fit and healthy good life. We raise funds to support national, provincial and local programs that provide ongoing physical activity opportunities for kids and remove some of the barriers currently holding children back from living a healthy life. GoodLife Kids Foundation is a Canadian registered charity.
The Marketing & Public Relations Specialist is responsible for a wide-variety of activities that support the goals and mandate of the GoodLife Kids Foundation (GLKF), with a priority focus on media relations, social media, internal relations, content development, project execution, creative initiatives and effective internal and external communications. The Marketing & Public Relations Specialist will work closely with the GoodLife Fitness PR Team and the GoodLife Internal Communications Team.
Media Relations & Social Media
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key media in conjunction with the GoodLife Fitness Team
- Achieve positive coverage in print, broadcast, TV and online media outlets
- Daily/Monthly monitoring and reporting of media coverage and relevant social, economic, industry, political and current issues
- Proactive/Reactive media relations activities (i.e. pitch stories, identify positive media opportunities, and respond to media requests)
- Daily/Monthly monitoring and reporting of social media requests for GoodLife Kids Foundation
- Media list and editorial calendar maintenance
- Social Media audit and plan development and execution
- Daily responding and social engagement interaction
- Lead content development for GoodLife Kids Foundation communications channels, eg. E-newsletter, annual report, email communication, videos, collateral materials, fundraising packages, donor communications, etc.
- Develop content for GoodLife Fitness internal and external communications channels.
- Develop clear and compelling articles, news releases, pitches and other media materials
- Presentation development and speech-writing
- Develop and manage content for website
- Develop marketing materials for signature programs and GLKF branding
- Measure and report results of PR and Marketing Programs
- Support/Manage Member/public inquiries about GoodLife Kids Foundation, GoodLife4Kids School Program, Grant Program, Spin4Kids Plus and Win 4 Kids
- Support special projects
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans for diverse audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree, Post-Graduate Degree or Diploma in Public Relations or Communications
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Communications/Public Relations with primary focus on media relations, social media and content development
- Knowledge of GoodLife Kids Foundation, GoodLife Fitness, and the health, wellness and fitness industry an asset
- Knowledge of, and experience with the charitable and non-profit sector
- Knowledge of, and experience with a national corporation an asset
- Good working knowledge of social media tools
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, persevere, be creative and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage change
- Motivated to exceed objectives
- Perform tasks and duties with GoodLife’s Purpose and seven core values in mind: caring, trust, integrity, passion, peak attitude, happiness and personal fitness
- Great team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
- Overtime can be expected
- Ability to travel to include overnight(s) stay
Job Segment: Fitness, PR, TV, Facilities, Marketing, Hospitality, Creative, Operations