Edgewater Casino is Downtown Vancouver’s leading Casino. Edgewater Casino is a gaming industry leader in customer service, community outreach and responsible gaming practices. Our team is committed to providing our guests with the ultimate dynamic gaming experience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our goal is to become Vancouver’s leading entertainment destination where winners work and play, in preparation for our move across the street to parq Vancouver which will be located next to BC Place Stadium. parq Vancouver will be Western Canada’s premier entertainment and leisure resort that will offer guests a one-of-a-kind destination to relax, dine, stay and play. When it opens in Fall 2017, parq Vancouver will offer a resort experience that our team and community will welcome and celebrate.
We are looking for dedicated Promotion Clerks seeking long-term flexible employment to join our team. If you are looking for fun and exciting new ways to utilize your talent and skills, we may have an opportunity for you!
The primary role of the Promotions Clerk is to work marketing events and promotions. Including tournaments, drawings, gift days, sponsored events, telemarketing, concerts and work on a street team if needed. The candidate will be an ambassador of the Edgewater brand and comfortable with speaking in front of large crowds.
- Face of Edgewater Casino, present at all Edgewater events and promotions.
- Consistent communication with all associates/customers regarding events/promotions in order to provide relevant updates to the Marketing team.
- Assist in organization of all event/promotion marketing inventory.
- Events - Set-up and tear-down for all events.
- Reception relief as needed.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Hand out collateral and represent the property.
- Interact with guests and associates.
- Administrative support to entire Marketing department.
- Responsible for providing professional and exceptional customer service in accordance with established company standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Energetic, outgoing, and friendly personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively one on one with customers and the general public.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Proven superior customer service experience
- Must be a self starter.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Works well with teams.
- Friendly, professional and outgoing demeanor.
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision and solve problems as they arise.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Flexible time to allow a work schedule that accommodates the operational needs of a 24/7 casino.
- Physically fit and able to effectively perform duties as required such as lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs or more.
• Competitive wages
• Benefits include but not limited to:
o Health Care: Prescription Drugs, Hearing Aid, Orthopedic shoes, Paramedical practitioners
o Dental Care
o Vision Care
o Life Insurance
o Employee Assistance Program
o Pension Plan with company matching
• Sky train Accessible