he Marketing Project Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing plans for the Community, Operations and Event department. This role will also be responsible for project managing all assigned projects with our brand and creative services group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Formulate and execute tactical marketing & communication plans for Canucks Community Department, including marketing our community events (ie Superskills, Open Practice) and programs (ie Fin’s Friends)
- Formulate and execute tactical marketing & communication plans for Arena Operations department, including prioritization of our arena / fan messaging
- Formulate and execute tactical marketing & communication plans for Event department, including marketing any CSE partnered events (ie NBA pre-season)
- Work with media buyer to develop and plan media to support marketing plans when appropriate
- Coordinate assigned projects with brand and creative group, to ensure deliverables are prioritized and completed on-time
- Create and track assigned marketing inventories / assets and provide reports as required to department
- Coordination all marketing related promotional tickets, merchandise and giveaways throughout the season
- Assist with special team-related events, such as Open Practice, Tailgate Parties, hosting and any other events as they arise
- Support marketing department with projects and responsibilities as assigned, for example, supporting execution of e-news program.
- Work with Director, Sponsorship & Marketing Activation to develop annual business plan
- Participate in company fan research efforts and initiatives as it relates to fan & consumer demographics, behaviour, and brand affinity and measure the impact and success of marketing and fan development campaigns
- Provide recap reports to show results of assigned marketing campaigns and present back to assigned departments
- Stay current with marketing trends and innovative marketing ideas
- Develop and edit content, copy and script for various marketing and promotional initiatives
- Various administrative duties
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar capacity
- A degree or diploma in commerce, marketing, communications or related field
- Experience working in media, specifically in the area of promotions and marketing
- Experience in advertising and the coordination of special events
- A solid understanding of all forms of media (print, outdoor, radio, Internet, and TV)
- An ability to manage promotional calendars, advertising and production budgets, media inventory, and production schedules
- Established working relationships with the various media groups in BC is an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Solid work ethic with desire to contribute maximum effort to achieving team goals and revenue targets
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by event and promotions schedule
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than Monday, August 29, 2011.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a degree or diploma in commerce, marketing or communications?
- Do you have experience working in media, specifically in the area of promotions and marketing?
- Do you have experience in advertising and the coordination of special events?