The Museum of Vancouver is seeking a marketing professional to take on primary responsibility for promoting the Museum's brand identity to: influence perceptions in the community; to inspire their involvement and enhance the Museum's visibility and reputation; and to drive an increase in admissions, sponsorships, programs and events attendance, as well as memberships and volunteer involvement.
MOV inspires inquiry into the City. As an urban museum, we interpret, present, and archive the continuous transformation of Vancouver. A gathering place for social engagement, political debate, and cultural dialogue, our exhibitions and programs are urban and contemporary and connect people with Vancouver, people with ideas, and people with each other. We want to provoke, engage and animate. We value Integrity and Excellence, Community Engagement, Dialogue and Debate, Promotion of Intercultural Understanding, and Passionate Advocacy for Vancouver. If you share our vision, our passion for Vancouver -- what was, is and can be Vancouver -- and have the skills we are looking for, we invite you to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Marketing, the Marketing Officer is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing media and marketing campaigns for exhibitions, programs and major organizational initiatives;
- Designing campaign creative and work with a production designer to create appropriate materials and signage;
- Promoting the institution and its products to targeted audiences;
- Developing a public relations plan focusing on establishing partnerships including the tourism and media industries;
- Participate in monthly planning meetings to develop the museum's exhibition and programming schedule;
- Developing relationships with media and online communities
- Building effective working relationships within MOV to achieve desired outcomes
- Supervising, training and developing volunteer team to support marketing activities
- A minimum of three years related marketing management and supervisory experience is required, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Computer literacy is essential including demonstrated expertise and experience with multimedia tools and social media.
- Working knowledge of graphic design using Adobe InDesign and photo editing with Adobe Photoshop. Comfortable working in PC environment
- Considerable knowledge of print production and pre-press knowledge
- Ability to take projects from concept through final production
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to build effective teams and motivate co-workers, volunteers and direct reports
- Ability to utilize existing, and create new processes where necessary, to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to organize people and activities and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, direct reports, community groups, other key contacts;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing/communications or a related field.
Hours: Normal work week is 35 hours Monday through Friday between 8:30 and 5:00pm but flexible shifts including some weekend work may be required for special events. This position falls under the jurisdiction of CUPE local 15.
The Museum of Vancouver is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants. We invite visible minority and aboriginal applicants and applicants with disabilities to consider MOV as a potential employer. Regretfully, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.