We're Golfers. Always have been. Always will be. We believe that true golf people make the best golf product. It has to be comfortable. It has to fit right. And above all, it has to perform. We don't do the whole neon, skin-tight, look at me thing. Our style has always been classic and rooted in golf. With details true golfers appreciate - as we do. We're adidas Golf & Ashworth. ALL WE DO IS GOLF.
The strength of our Brands and heritage, and most importantly, the determination of a deeply talented team (steeped in true golfers), as well as being a member of the adidas Group family allows us the advantage of offering a golf lifestyle, globetrotting, contemporary career. No matter what you do, or what country or city you do it in, your work helps make greatness possible at adidas Golf and Ashworth.
- Develop and execute a consumer and trade customer - focused Go to Market plan for adidas Golf and Ashworth in Canada. Specific focus on in-store, digital, experiential and mass media consumer communication.
- Partner with sales and key account team in the strategic segmentation of key product stories, ensuring success and differentiation between golf specialty, sporting goods, and green grass accounts. Create specialized marketing plans within each channel to deliver profitable sell through results.
- Apply and adapt Global GTM marketing plans, creative and resources in a compelling, consumer-focused manner to connect with Canadian consumers. Align plan to Canadian and Global GTM plans
- Develop seasonal GTM trade plans / channel / client
- Develop, with support from Brand Director, annual digital GTM strategies and publish calendar
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with Global GTM teams provide constructive feedback to influence benefits and efficiencies to our market that have not been previously considered.
- Work closely with Sales & Key Accounts to execute all product launch initiatives at customer level. Ensure timely and cost effectiveness across consumer touch points.
- Work with Brand Director on development of consumer-facing trade strategies
- Establish and maintain strong account relationships to leverage opportunities
- Develop and oversee in-store visual merchandising programs that elevate the brand’s presence at retail in season and for product launches.
- Establish differentiated POV between customers
- Drive digital marketing innovation through, video, search, social media, mobile to deliver optimum customer experiences and connectivity to commercial customers
- Develop customer-centric best-practices and executional excellence for digital user engagement across consumer and commercial linking digital and non-digital media
- Key liaison to Global digital marketing group
- Build and manage search engine marketing and search engine optimization campaigns
- Working with Brand Director, develop and manage key account marketing business plans, including the development of strategic account in store and digital programs
- Create and execute Sales contests and reward programs to support brand sell-through as needed.
- Provide guidance to Sales on key monthly in-store marketing & merchandising initiatives to ensure consistent focus on brand priorities at key accounts.
- Participate in account presentations to key customers as required.
Internal Marketing Support
- Lead the development of Sales support materials and catalogues.
- In partnership with Product, lead seasonal changeover of marketing collateral in Adidas Golf and Ashworth showrooms, lobbies and meeting rooms to ensure consistent brand messaging at all times.
• Work with the Marketing Coordinator, provide appropriate support for trade, industry, brand events. Including but not limited to major Canadian golf events, consumer shows, trade shows, consumer experiential events
- Manage a 7 figure marketing working budget.
- Work with Brand Director on the development of an annual MWB plans
- Submit monthly budget/latest estimate as well as complete comments for financial reporting.
- Manage strategic and key account co-op budgets on a monthly basis.
Develop skill set and play a leadership role in the development of immediate reports. Complete annual review and closely manage the process to ensure SMART objectives are measurable and reviewed quarterly.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in managing all facets of media planning/buying, communications, creative development
- Experience in managing customers, vendors, external agencies
- First-hand experience in managing events
- Experience managing a budget
- Proven track record as a creative and strategic thinker
- Familiarity with the digital landscape – including Social/ Search/ OLA
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of the Canadian retail and consumer environment
- Strong leader and peer influencer
- Proven ability work in a local high performance environment, while engaging and contributing in a larger multi-national organization
- Excellent command of the English language, with excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skill with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict and demanding guidelines
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
- Bilingualism an asset
- Sports enthusiast (golf capabilities an asset)
- Travel may be required
- Minimum 4-6 years of marketing management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration