Reporting to both the SVP, Operations and the Director of Retail Operations, and liaising closely with the Director of Sales, the Marketing Manager is responsible for all marketing, promotion and e-commerce initiatives for a 4 star boutique hotel as well as a high end branded liquor store. This includes, but is not limited to all marketing activities related to promoting a boutique lifestyle hotel, an 'affordable/luxury' food and beverage operation, and two high-end retail liquor establishments. He/she will build on past successes and ensure client demand remains solid in an increasingly competitive market. He/she will help develop and implement marketing strategies and tactics to achieve revenue goals and increase brand awareness for all three stakeholders (Hotel, Restaurant, Liquor Stores).
The Marketing Managers' role is an active, hands-on position, requiring passion for marketing, a proven track record, and a "dual personality" that is equally comfortable with analyzing numbers and ROI's as he/she is with developing creative content, collateral, online promotions, and packages that drive demonstrable incremental revenues. The successful candidate is driven to create engaging communications for online and print marketing and corporate needs, proficient with website content management systems, ingrained in social media strategies and applications, able to develop relationships with travel media and story ideas. Primary focus will be to increase revenues and interest through online channels.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
Hotel Indigo Vancouver:
- Work with SVP, Ops and Director of Sales to develop and implement Marketing strategies for the hotel and restaurant.
- Develops and executes the respective Hotel Marketing Plan to achieve the revenue goals and ensure the profit growth of the company
- Research and create new distribution channels
- Be the lead in managing the content and ensure accuracy of Hotel Web Sites and monitor ease of use
- Establish marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services
- Responsible for the Hotel and Restaurants direct marketing, advertising, promotions, collateral design and production, online marketing and website management, supervises all graphics, marketing campaigns, communications, social media and sponsorships
- Develops a differentiation strategy for brand and products - conducts competitive and consumer analysis, identifies brand effectiveness and new product opportunities that will fulfill untapped or unmet market potential for the Hotel and Restaurant.
- Supervises consistency of the brands both internally and externally
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of Marketing Strategies and objectives are within designated budgets and support the delivery of the hotel revenue targets
- Responsible for managing and delivering the day to day marketing activity for the Hotel in line with the agreed Marketing Strategy, to support the delivery of hotel revenue targets
- Responsible for the management, growth and targeted use of the hotels' databases
- Contribute to the creative process from creative brief to delivery for all hotel communications, collateral, websites and the creation of copy to support this
- To manage and co-ordinate hotels Communications Plan to ensure that all communications are targeted at the right audience
- To ensure that all activity carried out is managed within the IHG brand and values guidelines at all times.
Firefly Fine Wines and Ales:
- Work with Director of Retail Operations to develop Marketing Strategies for the liquor stores.
- Develop and execute Marketing plan to target locals, regional and trade media, which includes bloggers, foodies, wine/beer lovers (e.g. clubs with members), wine/beer collectors, wine/beer tour travelers and outlying communities
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising policy, and product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Develop and execute Marketing campaign
- Develop and execute Newsletters
- Develop and execute social media presence
- Develop and execute graphic design ads
- Responsible for tracking campaign success to enable us to understand the return on investment of each activity and aid future promotion plan through effective reporting
- Monitor and collect media releases
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/ Master Level-Degree, preferably in Marketing
- At least 3 -5 years of proven marketing, e-communications and media relation experience, preferable within the hospitality industry
- experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- technical marketing skills
- proven experience in customer and market research
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Superior communication skills
- Experienced in Internet marketing and social media
- Strong market knowledge of the Vancouver hotel market
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Advanced computer skills in Adobe (Photoshop), mass communication software including database programs and HTML
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Foster an environment of open communication, teamwork and recognition by setting a strong example and by "doing whatever it takes" to get the job done
- Creative, Flexible, Motivated and Reliable
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
The Hotel Brand
Hotel Indigo is an upscale boutique brand that delivers a refreshing and inviting guest experience that is truly reflective of the local community.
From the locally-inspired murals to the renewal program where the images, music, scent, and menu items change throughout the year, Hotel Indigo will deliver a vibrant, engaging and genuine boutique experience that gives guests the confidence to step out and explore the local neighborhood.
Hotel Indigo is owned by InterContinental Hotels Group, an international hotel company whose goal is to create Great Hotels that Guests Love.
IHG has more guest rooms than any other hotel company in the world -- more than 640,000 rooms over 4,400 hotels in 100 countries and territories around the world.
IHG operates seven hotel brands -- Hotel Indigo, InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites.