Exchange-A-Blade is a well-established, successful power tool accessory manufacturer and distributor. Its broad range of power tools accessories are used by home DIYers and professional contractors across Canada and is rapidly gaining market share in the US. Founded in 1976, it’s a business committed to environmental sustainability and has huge growth prospects.
The role of the Manager Marketing will be to develop a strong marketing focus to effect business growth. There is likely no more exciting a time to join this organization as it undergoes a significant rebrand process, reinvents its marketing deliverables and repositions itself for further success.
With a proactive and make-it-happen approach, as Manager Marketing you will manage marketing communications and product marketing for Exchange-A-Blade’s expansive product offering. Reporting to the VP & General Manager, you will provide direct leadership to a small internal team of professionals and interact and collaborate with the leadership team and sales professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to get in at a key stage of the company’s growth and shape its success. You will be instrumental in positioning the business and its power tool accessory products to increase market share through successful branding, marketing campaigns and programs. You are experienced and knowledgeable in traditional and current marketing techniques (e.g., web, tradeshows, advertising, social media, point of purchase packaging) and ready to utilize creative, unique approaches to enhance Exchange-A-Blade’s presence within its market place.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- 7+ years marketing experience, 2 + years management experience, community college relevant diploma or undergraduate degree.
- Good understanding of marketing communications, product marketing, business development and sales
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and motivate a team while operating as a team player
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Understand what it takes to build strong brands and proactively initiate the development and delivery of marketing programs that provide ROI
- Strong communicator with an excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Able to implement and adapt strategic and operational plans, budgets and best practices and monitor and evaluate results
- Knowledge of retail marketing, product promotion and packaging
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- French or Spanish
Join our team and use your creativity to make a difference.