Marketing Manager full-time
Zipcar, the world’s largest car-sharing company, is looking to add new talent to our team.
Today, Zipcar provides hundreds of thousands of people with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership, saving them money, time and headaches. Around the world—from coast to coast, across Canada, the UK, and college campuses in between—people are making the decision to live car free and enjoying the convenience and environmental benefits of having “wheels when you want them”.
As we continue to grow our operations, we are looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the family. We aim to create an environment that is supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit zipcar.com/about/jobs.
- Oversees day-to-day activities, scheduling and execution of the Street Team.
Collaborates with home office and General Manager on overall marketing strategy and overall progress.
- Prepares and manages annual budget with General Manager in accordance with media plan to achieve marketing goals.
- Leads the local market team in reaching the member acquisition goals.
- Orchestrates sponsorships, partnerships, events, promotions and advertising to increase visibility of Zipcar in the community.
- Actively recruits, hires and motivates Street Team staff and monitors results.
- Location specific growth planning and execution and identifies overall growth opportunities.
- Interface with local government agencies to integrate Zipcar with public transportation systems.
- Performs detailed planning, execution and reporting of marketing initiatives, maximizing ROI.
- Oversees and manages local social media.
- 3 years prior marketing management experience, 5 years marketing experience
- Budget preparation and variance analysis
- Prior experience creating, executing and tracking a marketing plan
- Local market knowledge a must
- Social media experience
- Four year college degree in marketing or a related field
- Prior management experience
- Event marketing experience, preferred
- Good computer skills, MS Office proficiency
- Has a flexible schedule (IE. weekends,night events and social networking)
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitve Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE