Wanted: Rock Star Marketer Looking to Save the Planet
Are you a talented marketing professional looking to put your marketing and communications acumen to the test while helping Canada transition to a clean economy?
If so, we want to get to know you. GLOBE Series (globeseries.com) and The Delphi Group (Delphi.ca) are seeking a Marketing Manager to build our brands and the profile of our events, products and services. This is a full-time, permanent job based in Vancouver, Canada.
GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group are part of a constellation of organizations that also includes the EXCEL Partnership and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership brings together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Marketing and Communications Director and be responsible for:
- Raising the profile of and level of engagement in our events, products and services among targeted audiences.
- Identifying lead generation, content and co-marketing opportunities across our diverse platforms.
- Stewarding the constellation brands to ensure consistent, compelling positioning in core markets.
- Ensuring that our marketing practices are best-in-class and reflect the evolving nature of digital and traditional media.
The Marketing Manager will develop a strategic marketing plan and implement and oversee all marketing activities, including (1) content marketing, (2) lead generation, (3) website development and management, (4) search engine optimization, (5) digital advertising, (6) marketing partnerships, (7) marketing collateral, (8) copywriting for web, print publications, and more.
- Work with the senior management team to identify how marketing and communications activities can support the overall business strategy and sales/revenue goals.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy and timeline, as well as sub-marketing plans for specific events and campaigns as necessary.
- Monitor competitors and identify unique selling propositions and clear competitive differentiation points.
- Develop and manage a content calendar across the brands, and identify and implement content marketing and lead generation opportunities (e.g., blogs, webinars, interviews, podcasts, polls, infographics, white papers, etc.) • Produce content for our social media channels and monitor and analyze trending conversations in the public sphere to identify potential engagement opportunities. • Identify and implement digital advertising opportunities and monitor and analyze results so that real-time adjustments can be made. • Responsible for overall website design and development and provision of content. Oversee search engine optimization and analyze and report on user activity.
- Manage the brands. Provide direction around imagery, tone and appropriate conveyance of the brand.
- Manage the writing, overall content, imagery, production and distribution of all marketing and sales materials, including postcards, conference programs, event briefs, newsletters, e-blasts, signage, etc.
- Support public relations efforts, media outreach, and partner relationships.
- Oversee marketing communications team and delegate work as appropriate.
BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience, including at least 2-3 years of experience in digital advertising and lead generation.
- Collaborative leader with the ability to identify areas of improvement, suggest creative new approaches and work with a team to implement.
- Strategic thinker who can clearly communicate complex issues in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong initiative, planning and execution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work.
- Exceptional writing and editing capabilities, flair for creating compelling marketing copy.
- Effective project and time management; the ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet strict and competing deadlines, for multiple projects.
- Understanding of B2B and/or conference marketing.
- Subject matter expertise in sustainability, climate and energy, cleantech, circular economy, and/or environmental finance.
- Experience in Constant Contact, MailChimp, or equivalent email marketing service.