Wanted: Rock Star Marketer Looking to Save Planet
Are you a talented marketing professional dying to put your marketing and communications acumen to the test while helping to do good for the planet?
If so, we want to get to know you. GLOBE Series is seeking a Marketing Manager to drive the marketing for our flagship event, GLOBE Forum, as well as other events in our steadily growing portfolio. This is a full time, permanent job based in Vancouver, Canada.
- To raise the profile of GLOBE Forum 2018 among targeted audiences
- To identify and convert potential conference delegates, Expo exhibitors and visitors into GLOBE Forum attendees
- To help build strong client relationships at the highest level
- To help build GLOBE as the leading transaction-focused event for the cleantech sector
GLOBE Series is a dynamic, entrepreneurial company based in Vancouver serving an international community of business professionals with industry conferences focused on sustainability and environmental business opportunities. Our series of events was established in 1990, and have evolved into the preeminent forums for sustainability‐related professionals. Each of the iconic GLOBE Forum and GLOBE Capital conferences attract thousands of thought‐leaders from more than 50 countries every two years to Vancouver and Toronto, respectively. As we embark on a new phase of events, we are seeking exemplary talent to help us grow and maintain our lead as the world’s most important environmental business event.
We provide the platforms that lead to solutions for a low‐carbon economy.
Our events bring together an exciting mix of the brightest minds and innovative thought leaders in sustainability and business – serving as a catalyst for aligning environmental responsibility with profitable business practices. Our secret weapon? Our deep networks and exceptional convening power, which enable us to attract thought leaders, clean‐tech innovators, influential NGOs, financiers, and senior policy-makers from around the world.
Representatives from dozens of countries gather for our events, where they receive unparalleled networking opportunities, participate in solving critical industry challenges, and hear the latest developments around climate change, global mega trends, clean technology, smart cities, business leadership, new financing mechanisms, and more.
Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Term: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
The Marketing Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy and promotion plans for GLOBE Series and the company’s related events and activities.
This position’s responsibilities include meeting established objectives through marketing activities that include the development of an overall strategic marketing plan; email and direct mail campaign development and execution; web site development and management; social media marketing; advertising; partnership development; copywriting for web, print publications; and more.
- Marketing all of our events and projects and working with the senior management team to identify overall marketing goals, targets, and how to reach them to get the highest number of participants possible out to our events and fulfill our overall brand goals.
- Develop a detailed marketing plan that clearly depicts what needs to be done and when in the lead up to each specific event, and ensure these plans are communicated to all staff and adhered to.
- Take responsibility for overall website design and development and provision of content for globeseries.com and all sub-sites (individual sites for GLOBE 2018, GLOBE Capital, etc.) to help support participant sales targets.
- Develop digital marketing content (e-blasts) in Constant Contacts for digital outreach.
- Manage the writing, overall content, imagery, production and distribution of all marketing and sales materials (strong writing skills essential).
- Work with Expo sales reps to ensure they have the best tools possible to support their sales efforts.
- Identify potential advertising opportunities and work with contractors to create and place innovative, effective advertising.
- Manage the brand. Oversee creative agency/contractors and provide feedback and direction around imagery, tone and appropriate conveyance of the brand.
- Develop a detailed plan for and coordinate participation at other trade shows, conferences, and related industry events that will maximize sales opportunities and partner development for our own events.
- Work with our Marketing Coordinator and contractors on a social media plan with goals for social media activity and outcomes that speak to and engage our various market segments effectively.
- Work closely with the Conference Program team to ensure that program information such as new speaker confirmations, new sessions, sponsors, and themes are indexed and communicated effectively, accurately, and in a timely manner to drive Conference delegate sales.
- Participate in relevant industry events, receptions, and breakfasts (often outside of office hours) to enhance community and potential customer engagement in relevant sectors and maximize dialogue with other participants.
- Work with our senior Communications guru to support public relations efforts, media outreach, partner relationships, and big picture social media and communications activities.
- Create a strategic plan for populating/refreshing our CRM/database tool (Highrise) on an ongoing basis with relevant sales leads based on desired demographic targets; continually striving to build and grow robust mailing lists for our target market.
Background Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- 7+ years marketing experience demonstrating skills that match our job responsibilities above
- Very well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Very strong writer and natural flair for creating compelling marketing copy
- Methodical and adept at project management and planning
- Strong business and copy writing skills and know how to attract a potential customer’s attention
- Proactive in behaviour and attitude
- Self‐directed with a solid ability to identify and manage multiple priorities in a very fast paced environment
- You enjoy being busy and a fast paced, small team environment
- You’re highly collaborative, easy to work with, and have a strategic mind
- Experience in Constant Contacts, MailChimp, or equivalent email marketing services
- Understanding of B2B and/or conference marketing
- Working knowledge of the Canadian clean technology sector (this would give you a distinct advantage)
- Strong familiarity with global issues around climate and energy, greening cities, circular economy, and/or environmental finance
- Knowledge of current sales principles and practices