We love pets! They rely on us to care for them, guide them and keep them from harm and in return they give us unconditional love. Our products are designed to strengthen the bond between families and their pets, while looking good for performing superbly under all conditions.
At RC Pet Products, our goal is to enhance and foster sustainable business practices throughout our organization. Our commitment to making quality gear for pets goes hand in hand with our commitment to ethical sourcing, environmental sustainability and community involvement.
By going beyond the basics of ethical business practices we embrace our responsibility to people and our planet.
Located in Vancouver, RC Pet Products is a face paced manufacturer and distributor of pet equipment. Our office, warehouse and production facility offers a dynamic, creative and fun working environment for active people that love animals. For more information please visit us at www.rcpets.com
Your dog is considered a member of your family. You are a committed senior leader who has vision and proven experience executing on strategy. A creative thinker and hard worker who likes to have fun you could be described as a marketer at heart. You have an understanding of, and are excited by, what it means to lead in a business experiencing tremendous growth and will “do what it takes” to support your team in achieving results including pitching in as necessary. A creative thinker who thrives in faced paced environments the words collaboration, innovation, accountability and ownership describe you perfectly.
About the Position:
The Marketing Manager will develop, implement, track and optimize our marketing campaigns across all channels. Reporting to the President and Founder, this position will appeal to an experience marketing professional who is looking to be part of, and lead, a dedicated team.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
- Expand and develop marketing platforms
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Determine and manage the marketing budget
- Report on return on investment and key performance metrics
- Collaborate with the sales function
- Monitor industry best practices
Experience and Credentials:
- Business or related degree (MBA, Strategic Marketing or equivalent) and/or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven experience in the CPG sector
- Proven strong experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies, promotional strategies and branding
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers, marketing and sales representatives, other colleagues in the industry and staff in order to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience with computer graphics and photography. Experience with a DSLR camera and basic catalogue photography techniques an asset
- Technical marketing skills (design, production, selling, inventory management and marketing of consumer products.)
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Experience with relevant software applications (including Excel and Adobe create suite); exceptional web skills and knowledge of current marketing trends and strategies
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team to deliver results
- Good understanding of costing, margins, budgeting and cash flow
- Strong analytical, organizational, and coordinating skills
- Loves Animals!
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with customers, colleagues and industry professionals
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Creative, adaptable, with strong judgment and proven decision making skills
- Extensive travel will be required