Marketing Manager full-time
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Our client is an investment management firm specializing in creating and handling projects under the construction, infrastructure, and real estate umbrella.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Marketing Manager will oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional related activities, while maintaining professional internal and external relationships that meet the company core values. The incumbent will partner closely with third party vendors and be responsible for executing and maintaining marketing strategies that meet the Client's objectives. The Manager will also evaluate and implement marketing plan alterations as needed. Additionally, they will develop and oversee promotions including advertising and media relations.
Furthermore, they will proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all departments, and ensure a strong understanding of client and market dynamics and requirements. They will ensure that professional business relations exist with customers and that their needs are met. The selected individual will build trust, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.
The Marketing Manager will be accountable for the following areas:
Development of marketing strategies, materials, research, and budget planning
- Plans the corporate marketing objectives by department.
- Manages budget and deliver all marketing activity within the agreed upon budget.
- Collaborates with internal and external clients to meet marketing needs.
- Determines creative direction and copy for marketing materials, while maintaining contact with suppliers to ensure needs delivered.
- Designs and maintains PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Develops the presentation script for delivery.
- Manages all aspects of the design, print production, receipt and distribution from concept to completion.
- Create marketing materials required.
- Conducts market research in order to identify market requirements for current and future projects.
- Recognize and research opportunities to benefit the company.
- Maintains awareness of market trends and opportunities assessing the marketplace and competition.
Internal Marketing & Event Coordination Activities
- Collaborates with the HR Department and Executive team regarding all staff activities, including:
- Determining the venue and preparing format of staff events;
- Venue bookings, and ordering of any required items, gifts, or materials;
- Facilitation of events and ensuring the format is delivered accordingly;
- Overseeing the entire execution during event day;
- Troubleshooting and adjusting to last minute changes.
- Coordinate all annual company meetings, and investor conferences.
- Works with IT towards the maintenance of internet and intranet sites, and ensures everything is up-to-date.
- Promotes website addresses wherever possible in all print materials and press releases.
- Communicates information to all staff via intranet.
Corporate Social Responsibility, Accountability and Sponsorships
- Focuses on maintaining and developing company core values.
- Creates proactive approach to community giving.
- Reviews and addresses sponsorship requests (Conferences, golf tournaments, program advertising).
- Prepares and provides necessary sponsorship materials.
Develop an Effective Media Relations Program and Promotional Strategies
- Develops and oversees advertising and media relations programs.
- Prepares press releases for the Company as required.
- Evaluates the nature and effectiveness of competitor’s communications.
- Determines the goals and objectives of the Company’s advertising and public relations efforts. Implement measurement systems to assess advertising effectiveness.
- Creates feature and benefit sheets for the company versus major competitors.
- Recommends and administers promotional campaigns.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure approvals prior to dissemination.
- Updates and maintain all media lists and contacts.
- Five (5) to eight (8) + years of related progressive experience, with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience and training.
- Thorough understanding of our client's projects and services, and industry knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of promotion techniques, pricing policies, distribution channels, and public relations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and supervisory abilities.
- Strong project management, organization, and analytical skills.