Sago Sago is looking for a full-time Marketing Manager to join our team in Toronto.
Sago Sago is a small team of designers and developers who are passionate about making amazing play experiences for children. We create digital toys that children love and parents trust. Our apps build on kids' natural sense of wonder, creativity and curiosity. But don’t take our word for it, look for our work on the App Store and see for yourself.
The Marketing Manager is a new position specifically responsible for improving the visibility of our brand and products. We are looking for someone to craft messaging that speaks to our philosophy as a play-focused studio and find innovative ways to share this with the world. We work with our friends at Toca Boca, community partners and marketing teams from the app platforms.
- Help establish key messaging for individual products and the brand as a whole.
- Write copy for our website, app stores and social media.
- Work with our designers to create promotional materials.
- Work with our platform partners to maximize visibility for our products.
- Co-ordinate public events.
- Strategy. Work with the leadership team to evaluate and prioritize marketing activities.
- Writing. Refine our voice and write beautiful, succinct copy.
- Execution. Get the right people in the room and make it happen.
- Technical Literacy. Thorough understanding of social media and the mobile app market.
- You have a strong sense of the joys (and challenges) of parenting.
- You have at least four years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
- You are friendly, outgoing and a skilled communicator.
- You are quick to adopt and integrate online tools from Asana to Tumblr.
- You have an eye for detail and are highly organized.
- You are energetic and people love working with you.
A Day at Sago Sago
Here is what a typical day for our Marketing Manager might look like. Start with a check-in with the product teams to see if we’re ready to firm up the next launch date. Formulate some of the key messages for the next app and draft up a description for the app store and a newsletter that will really grab people’s attention. Stop for a coffee with a couple of parents to get their take on our latest apps. Maybe it’s time to schedule a call with our PR people so they have everything they need to start approaching reviewers and journalists. Log in to iTunes Connect and add some new screenshots for an app update. Review designs to promote an upcoming holiday app sale. Take a look through the day’s social media activity and suggest a couple of quick posts for our community manager to share. Prepare a checklist for tomorrow and it’s time to call it a day.
About Sago Sago
We founded Sago Sago to promote positive children’s culture through play. Together, our team works hard to create the kinds of products we want for our own children. We care about our craft and we have big plans for our young and much-loved brand. Your work will directly impact a global audience of families with young children. You will be communicating not just our products, but the importance of play in children’s lives.
We are small and everyone on the team is hands-on. Drawing with 3-year-olds, reading kids books and talking to parents is an everyday part of our jobs. If you’re looking for a chance to apply your skills in a role that you can really help shape then we would love to hear from you.