Develop and execute a variety of marketing initiatives that increase brand awareness and drive sales for 7-Eleven Canada and sub brands like Slurpee. Provide analysis and insight to measure and improve marketing program effectiveness. Interact with merchants, creative agencies, e-commerce, digital and direct marketing and other business partners to ensure that marketing programs are cohesive across instore and internet channels and align with overall brand objectives.
- Identify brand-appropriate marketing and business opportunities that are consistent with brand voice and positioning. If necessary, develop business plans to support ideas and present to senior leadership team.
- Develop and execute marketing promotions and partnerships that increase brand awareness and sales. Manage creative approval process for these promotions and partnerships.
- Initiate licensing agreements, negotiate all business terms, manage creative approval process and foster relationships with licensors to support merchandising department goals.
- Measure ROI for all partnerships and programs, based on several metrics: brand exposure, new name capture, and overall sales resulting from the program. Collaborate with cross-functional business colleagues to create a comprehensive summary of each program upon completion.
- Partner with in store marketing and digital teams to ensure that creative message/execution is on brand and delivers against program objectives.
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners (including merchandising, e-commerce, creative services, direct marketing, public relations, finance, legal, care centers, catalog) to facilitate the execution and analysis of marketing initiatives.
- Initiate consumer research including focus groups and online surveys to keep pulse with the customer and measure brand satisfaction.
- Plan and manage marketing budget, including monthly forecasting and accruals.
- Develop programs to generate goodwill and buzz with target customers.
- Execute other projects as requested by business partners or Communications Manager.
- Proven track record of creative and resourceful approaches to unique business challenges
- Demonstrated ability in making brand-appropriate & business building strategic decisions
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative and pursue opportunities
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously ranging from strategy to execution
- Experience working with and presenting ideas to all levels of business partners, up to and including C-level executives
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills required
- Strong quantitative skills required
- Works well independently and with a small team, project management skills and creativity a must
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years marketing experience required with Digital / CRM knowledge
- Retail industry and project management experience required
- Prior budget management experience required
- Prior experience working on highly-recognized, industry-leading brands a plus
Global Business Acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.