Software Marketing Manager full-time
For more than 30 years Sage has assisted small and midsized businesses with a wide range of business management applications and services. Currently we support 3 million customers in the U.S. and Canada. Our sole focus is to provide business management software and services to small and midsized businesses (SMBs). Our applications cover a full range of business requirements including accounting, customer relationship management, contact management, human resources, warehouse management, healthcare solutions, specialized industry needs, and many others.
Sage Simply Accounting is one of Sage's core accounting software products and is a valuable part of our overall strategy and product offering. This is a very visible product across the North American operation and as such offers a challenging and exciting work environment in a vibrant industry!
The Marketing Manager owns the strategy for marketing Simply Accounting - a market leading accounting solution. The marketing Manager will be responsible for driving end-to end existing marketing activities.
- Key Objective is to drive marketing mix and activities to achieve budgeted Sage Business Care revenues and drive appropriate acquisition and retention levels.
- Determine overall installed base marketing strategy related to the Sage Simply Accounting product line.
- Determine segmentation of existing customer base to receive message.
- Determine offers and advertising mix (mail, e-mail, web, and all other forms of advertising communications) to this segment.
- Owns approval of creative approach in all campaigns and mediums related to this product line.
- Establish program tracking mechanisms to ensure financial and analytical information is effectively captured, reviewed, and reported across multiple criteria including, ROI, relevant response rates, cost/revenue analysis, qualitative key learning's, and overall results.
- Act as key liaison to product marketing related to feedback on this product line.
- Drive appropriate programs to sales channels and work in partnership with sales leadership to insure sales teams have adequate programs, tools, training, operational processes, and product knowledge related to this product line.
- Act as key liaison with other cross functional organizations (i.e. IS, BRG, Finance, Customer Loyalty, Support, Training); insuring all necessary cross functional dependencies are executed in support of the marketing plan.
- Act as key liaison to third party relationships in support of marketing the Sage Simply Accounting product line. This includes advertising agencies and any third party partnerships.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years direct marketing experience, including strategy setting and execution.
- Must possess a strong and current knowledge of general marketing principles, including strategy, pricing, promotion, advertising, and distribution.
- Must possess excellent analytical ability and the skills to obtain all relevant data associated with this product line as well as the ability to draw conclusions as to key trends and cause/effect of sales and marketing activities to overall results.
- Must have the ability to provide clear direction and feedback in a professional constructive manner.
- Must have the ability to grasp and demonstrate strong knowledge of the small business software industry, including key customer behaviors, competitive environment, industry best practices, etc.
- Must have excellent project management skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must have the ability to manage relationships across multiple functional departments.