WHO ARE WE?
Small in stature but big on flavour, Kicking Horse Coffee is Canada’s #1 Organic Fairtrade Coffee. Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, at the headwaters of the mighty Columbia River, a lot has changed since those humble beginnings in 1996. Kicking Horse Coffee has grown to be one of the region’s top employers and occupies a 60,000 ft2 state-of-the-art production facility and flagship Café. A growing and loyal following continually reinforces our commitment to roasting, blending and packaging only the finest super-premium coffee in the country!
We have a dedicated team of individuals that share a solid set of values. We work diligently and smartly, so that we have free time to spend enjoying the mountain playground in which we live. We believe that work doesn’t have to be painful! Oh, and we we’re recently named the #15 Best Workplace in Canada. How cool is that?
WHO ARE YOU?
You get it. You understand the importance of a brand. In fact, you’ve previously worked with leading brands on countless, successful projects. Your creativity flows steadily like the Columbia River, yet you run a tight ship when you’re the captain. You’re a (wo)man with a plan and the discipline to execute it on demand. Inventive yet orderly, disciplined but adaptable; this is not impossible, this is who you are!
- Formal education or training in sales or marketing. This could be a degree, diploma, or exceptional on-the-job training from a previous role.
- At least three years’ of work experience in marketing, preferably in natural or organic products.
- A proven track record with brand positioning, new product development, consumer support campaigns, promotional program development and product launches.
- An ability to analyze data and develop recommendations accordingly.
- The ability to solve complex challenges, within a defined framework.
- The capability to evaluate programs and promotions with quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills. You are a clear, concise communicator
- and you believe in the power of proofreading your work.
- The ability to effectively use the entire MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint. A knack for building solid relationships, people want to work with you!
- Impeccable attention to detail and high standards for quality.
- Solid time management skills, we don’t believe in micromanaging our people.
- A passion for an active and healthy lifestyle.
Whoa, you’re awesome! If you also have:
- The ability to communicate fluently in French that would be an absolute ASS-et.
- Experience working with a Consumer Packaged Goods company, well that would be icing on the cake!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Your mission: Ensure the continued growth of the Kicking Horse Coffee brand so that more people choose to wake up and kick ass, with us!
Our newly crafted, brand marketing strategy is on paper and ready become reality! That’s where this role comes in. Reporting to our Director of Marketing, you will work within the marketing team to execute strategic projects, develop insights and provide support to our sales and events teams. You will ensure the brand image and messages are consistent across programs including media, account marketing, sponsorships, promotions, public relations and social media.
More specifically, you will:
Drive the implementation of the North American marketing strategy to help take our business to the next level.
- Contribute to overall business objectives (Net Sales and Dollar Share growth) by developing and delivering your projects on-time and on-budget.
- Provide our marketing and sales teams with insights and recommendations regarding competing products.
- Provides sales teams with key brand and category insights and selling tools, including AC Nielsen and SPINS data analysis and new product launch presentations.
- Set and monitor our key account presentations and listings.
Equip sales teams with knowledge of effective promotional activity for new and existing products.
- Manage product portfolios by region.
- Conceptualize product launch timelines, including strategies to reflect the most effective use of selling resources.
- Execute successful product redesigns, product launches and commercialization.
- Develop and execute trade programs for the retail channels.
- Develop and execute marketing and promotional programs and campaigns.
- Masterfully utilize current social media platforms while having a finger on the pulse of emerging media and social networks.
- Manage and lead project teams in the successful completion of marketing initiatives. This will include reporting progress, overcoming barriers to success and driving the team toward objectives and results.
- Carry out other marketing related projects and tasks.
HOW WILL YOU DO IT?
- With integrity. With enthusiasm. With a little bit of magic.
- By effectively communicating with Sales, Finance and other allied departments on an ongoing basis.
- Through being proactive and taking initiative when initiative is called for.
- By bringing creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to the table.
- By being yourself; genuine and authentic and ready to kick a little ass!