Three to six years of experience in managing online marketing initiatives, including website, email and social. Experience with digital tools and technologies used in design, development and implementation – CMS, WebTrends or GoogleAnalytics, Email Deployment Platform. Familiarity with web development processes and technology. Keen interest and usage of various social platforms – YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn
Employment Type: Regular
Manages the development and implementation of products, programs and strategies designed to profitably manage retail product lines and maximize contribution on economic profit in Canada.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Manages the development, recommendation and implementation of programs for new and/or enhanced retail in Canada to drive new accounts, liabilities and revenue, promote business growth, maintain market competitiveness, expand customer relationships, meet customer needs and maximize contribution to economic profit (products managed include: Term Deposits, GICs, RRIF, Chequing Accounts, Savings Accounts).
- Develops related strategic plans for assigned products, including marketing mix, promotion, pricing, distribution and product design; develop and track sales and program performance and adjust plans as necessary to ensure program success.
- Ensures activities comply with pertinent external regulations.
- Ensures identification of cross-sell opportunities and development and implementation of related programs.
- Works in partnership with appropriate delivery channels to respond to requests for new or enhanced retail products.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Monitors external conditions, including markets, competition, demographics and regulations, to ensure products meet customer needs while maintaining market competitiveness and profitability.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ensures close coordination of activities within Marketing to foster a team approach in meeting product needs of customers with profitable, desirable, relationship-focused products.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- The position carries out overall strategic objectives and goals of the retail business and manages daily operations, seeking approval from higher management on significant matters, such as pricing changes. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- Managing efforts of team member areas outside of direct control to meet deadlines and effectively execute plans.
- Responding to pricing pressures in the market as well as non-traditional delivery channels such as the internet.
- Increasing the speed that new products or enhancements are brought to market, including overcoming technology barriers that hinder this.
- Identifying and implementing methods to reduce product servicing and distribution costs.
- Understanding the businesses supported, and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
· Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of seven years proven and progressive retail and/or commercial financial services marketing experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in business, marketing, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong planning, organizational, project management, statistical, analytical, communications, presentation and lateral thinking skills.
- Knowledge of the retail and commercial product industry in Canada, products offered and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery.
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country Vacancy
: Dec 1, 2014, 6:25:15 AM
: Dec 15, 2014, 8:59:00 PM