Sleeman Breweries Ltd. is the leading brewer and distributor of premium beer in Canada and the third largest brewing company in the nation. Core Sleeman brands are available in every province, with a family of exceptional regional brands. These include Okanagan Spring in British Columbia and Alberta, Upper Canada in Ontario, Unibroue in Quebec and Ontario. Today as part of Sapporo Breweries, Japan’s oldest brand since 1876, Sleeman continues to build on this enviable reputation by delivering a portfolio of brands that are consistent with the original principles set down by John H. Sleeman over 175 years ago. Sleeman is also available in selected U.S. and British markets, and Unibroue is sold in 34 U.S. states and 18 countries.
Description: Leads the western marketing team in the planning and execution of brand building and trade-marketing activities within the assigned geographic area. Direct reports include a Brand Manager and two Trade Marketing Managers.
- Geographic scope: Canada for Okanagan brand. Western region for the SBL portfolio.
- Achieve annual business targets: sales volume (over 500k HLs), revenue (over $100 million) and market share growth.
- Direct Okanagan brand management activities, such as: strategic and tactical planning, positioning/brand identity, new product development, packaging, creative development, media, public relations, pricing strategy, consumer insights.
- Direct SBL portfolio trade-marketing activities to include: product introductions, pricing, promotions, consumer events and sponsorships.
- Represent the regional marketing function and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders: Partners, customers, government officials, suppliers and mid/senior SBL management across all functions but especially with our Western Sales Managers.
- Participate in critical planning meetings, such as: SMAC, demand planning, financial forecasting, Monthly & Quarterly Business Review, annual planning.
- Oversee thorough analysis and recommend corrective action to keep plans on track.
- Manage the regional marketing expenses, over $6 million.
- Monitor competitive activity and industry trends.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or business field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a consumer packaged goods (CPG) environment, including at least 5 years in a management position
- Beverage alcohol industry experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and business management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; superior presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, including ability to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
We thank all applicants for your interest in Sleeman Breweries Ltd. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.