Marketing Manager - Burnaby, BC
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family-run business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first auction in 1958, selling $2,000 of inventory from their furniture store to pay a bank debt. Spurred by success, the brothers began conducting more auctions, eventually progressing beyond furniture and into industrial equipment. Flash forward 50 years, and Ritchie Bros. is now the world’s largest industrial auctioneer. We’re publicly traded on the TSX and NYSE. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we have over 110 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We offer stable, rewarding careers for people just like Dave, Ken and John -- people who strive to achieve big goals, and who inspire others to do the same.
In 2013, Ritchie Bros. will launch a new online solution for industrial equipment owners, who buy and sell directly. We are now in the process of building the team that will launch and run the new solution. We have an immediate opening for a Marketing Manager, to manage the successful launch of as well as ongoing brand awareness, sales and revenue objectives.
What we offer
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary plus performance based bonus and comprehensive benefits
- Group RRSP and Employee share purchase plan both with company match
- On-going management and leadership development training
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Access to our free onsite gym, which also hosts a variety of fitness programs
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere
- River views, and Fraser River walking trails right across the street.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the Marketing Manager, will be based out of our global headquarters in Burnaby, BC, where we operate one of the largest international marketing departments in the province. The key focus of this position is developing, planning, implementing and reporting on marketing programs and strategies for this new online solution.
This role is a blend of project management, and marketing with a focus on ecommerce. This a brand new role and will allow you to leave a mark and dive in, be hands on, contributing to the successful market launch of this new start up venture.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective brand, sales and marketing programs and segment specific sales and marketing plans based on the online solution's e-commerce target markets and customers
- Provide sales support to the Ritchie Bros. Strategic Accounts Team by preparing or directing, reviewing and approving various sales and marketing collateral
- Work with the Marketing Execution team throughout the development and implementation of all sales and marketing programs and plans
- Ensure alignment is maintained with this new online solution and overall Ritchie Bros. brand, sales and marketing strategy
- Research and analyze relevant internal and external data in order to develop and present market insights and recommendations for review by various stakeholders and as a basis for developing marketing strategy recommendations. As this is an e-commerce marketplace, there is a strong emphasis on digital marketing strategies and materials
- Monitor and report on program status and results. Ensure marketing expenditures are in line with projected expenses laid out in the budgets and plans
- Act as a lead in identifying and evaluating new market and marketing strategy opportunities as they arise
- Stay current with trends and developments related to the online marketplace and heavy equipment industries
Here is what you bring:
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, business or commerce
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a busy e-commerce marketing environment, with a significant emphasis on digital marketing (e.g. SEO, PPC, e-mail marketing, social media, etc.)
- Proven success in effective marketing program and campaign development, execution and follow-up
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to envision the ‘Big Picture’ and take steps to get there
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to build good and productive business relationships
- Possesses a positive attitude, maintains a focus on continuous improvement toward effectiveness and efficiency, and is a creative thinker that drives innovation and affects change at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and complex projects
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in the industrial / heavy equipment industry – and an in-depth understanding of industrial / heavy equipment owner customers
- Genuinely customer focused
- Effective and persuasive communicator (both written and spoken)
- Independent, assertive, you have a passion to be the best in your field
- Proven Strategic thinking skills
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job