Position: Marketing Manger
Status: Regular Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Reports to: Director, Marketing Services
Location: Brampton, Ontario
As a BLACKIRON marketing manager you work individually and as part of a dynamic team that plans and implements projects that support the marketing function. The primary intent of the role is to position the business for rapid growth by creating demand and by helping the business increase solution adoption for current customers. You recommend strategy and develop detailed marketing plans that are consistent with product portfolio objectives.
- Detailed business assessment by solution and customer type
- Sales pipeline analysis for forecasting and tracking of campaign effectiveness from a sale lead perspective
- Develop acquisition and customer retention programs
- Generate awareness and demand through online advertising and event marketing
- Increase solution adoption at top accounts through retention programs
Tradeshows & Events
- Logistics planning and coordination for events, trade shows, tech days, customer briefings, and sales meetings, including booth scheduling and shipping; may staff events
- Marketing collateral coordination
- Premium ordering and shipping
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Work closely with executive staff and product marketing teams
- Point of contact for internal customers initiating work within the department or checking the status of jobs already in progress
- Work in collaboration with sales, sales support, product development and other cross-functional teams to develop marking programs to ensure continuity in product offerings
- Create reports and presentations
- Deliver presentations to multi-level of internal employees
- Present research and campaign results to business leaders
- Support public relations through agency project management, the internal approval process and content publishing
- Coordinate website content and development with cross-functional teams
- Leverage internal communications platforms to increase employee engagement and marketing campaign effectiveness
- Tracking invoices and receipts against budget
- Prepare marketing activity reports
- Create timelines and dashboards
- Recommend marketing activities and create marketing plans including estimating costs and managing project to completion
- Track marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide recommendations for future marketing programs
- Reporting for marketing director and finance department on fiscal status
- Develop business plans and solution positioning in the marketplace including; white papers, case studies, sell-sheets, playbooks, training aids, web presence and events
- Identify and maintain relationships with product partners, third party vendors, etc.
- Provide mentorship and direction to more junior marketing team members.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; experience in high-tech and B2B marketing is highly favourable
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Acrobat Pro is required. Salesforce.com and SharePoint experience an asset.
- Bilingual in French would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- B2B marketing experience, preferably in the telecom or technology sector
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Broad understanding of marketing fundamentals and lead generation programs
Note: All new hires will have to complete a Level II Secret Security clearance.
This description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.