Job ID#: 21895
Location(s): Calgary or Vancouver
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Go beyond. At Towers Watson, we are more than individuals. We are a community focused on helping our colleagues and clients thrive and succeed. Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management. With 16,000 associates around the world, we offer consulting, technology and solutions in the areas of benefits, talent management, rewards, and risk and capital management.
The role of Marketing in Towers Watson is two-fold: to support the company's growth and revenue goals and to protect and promote a consistent global brand. As trusted business advisors, the marketing group functions as an integrated global team providing comprehensive marketing support to all business segments and regions through well planned and executed marketing campaigns.
In this position, you will be a member of regional marketing team located in Calgary or Vancouver.
The position focuses on delivering innovative programs supporting the markets and managing and measuring the effectiveness of all marketing activities. Successful candidates must demonstrate business acumen, relevant experience with core marketing strategy and execution, excellent project management, communication and team skills.
- Partner with office leadership to create and develop a successful marketing strategy for the market and prepare and deliver the marketing plan that identifies the ideal marketing mix and strategy to leverage national and local activities that will accomplish the following objectives:
- Understand market goals and key client issues
- Generate sales lead opportunities from marketing initiatives
- Enhance and foster relationships with existing clients
- Create internal awareness of key marketing initiatives and programs and support follow-up
- Strategically place key local thought leaders in various speaking engagements such as local associations, university/educational and industry events
- Help prioritize outreach efforts and manage local expectations
- Build relationships across the business segments to effectively channel marketing objectives in local market
- Partner with marketing colleagues and internal business clients to define project objectives including sales opportunities, and deliver projects on time and to required specifications.
- Foster collaboration and coordination with marketing colleagues and understand different roles and responsibilities within the marketing organization.
- Be a marketing thought leader and introduce innovative and effective ideas/delivery channels that are engaging to clients and prospects
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal clients to set expectations, advance projects, and troubleshoot issues
- Understand buyer roles and be adept at segmentation strategies and best practices to effectively target and deliver appropriate messaging
- Manage and adhere to local marketing budget
- Provide analysis and insights into marketing activities and related costs to determine their effectiveness and impact and provide performance benchmarking
- Implement and enforce TW workflow processes, while remaining flexible when business needs dictate.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a professional services and/or human resources consulting environment
- Experience with creating new marketing opportunities and a proven background of engaging clients with innovative and engaging methods that produced measurable results for positive ROI
- Strategic and tactical marketing experience, with specific emphasis on marketing planning, execution and experience with marketing technologies and online project management tools
- A keen interest in new media and technologies
- Detail-oriented, action-oriented and results-focused
- At ease with technology and online marketing support tools
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to present issues and resolutions in a persuasive manner
- Availability and willingness to work outside normal business hours
- Bachelor’s degree required, marketing, communications, public relations or business administration degrees preferred
- Travel 20%