Great Canadian Gaming Corporation operates gaming, entertainment and hospitality facilities in British Columbia, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Washington State. The Company’s 17 gaming properties consist of ten casinos, including one with a Four Diamond hotel resort, four horse racetrack casinos, and three community gaming centres. The Company has approximately 3,900 employees in Canada and 600 in Washington State. Further information is available on the Company’s website, www.gcgaming.com.
Great Canadian is looking for our next GREAT colleague to join us as Marketing Intelligence Specialist. This position is an exciting opportunity within Great Canadian Gaming’s Corporate Marketing team. In this key role, you will report directly to the Director, CRM & Direct Marketing, and will be responsible for compiling and analyzing marketing data and for making recommendations for effective customer relationship marketing strategies, including retention and revenue growth.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of ‘Service Excellence’ and ‘Integrity’ and will contribute to ensuring a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees while ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures.
Apply your analytical skills and qualifications through the following key accountabilities:
- Prepares and maintains multiple customer mailing lists based on predetermined criteria; coordinates mailers in the offers system, assigns targeted players to the appropriate offer(s); creates bar codes, valid dates, offer descriptions, etc.
- Creates detailed matrices for the mailhouse, liaises directly with vendors to ensure accuracy, completion and timely delivery of all customer correspondence; proofs and signs-off on live data from vendors.
- Resolves customer account issues related to marketing programs, tier scores, duplicate accounts or mail code discrepancies; may liaise with casino staff or customers directly.
- Supports the tracking & reporting of results of each marketing campaign in terms of effectiveness and event participation (e.g., revenue generation, redemption percentage)
- Assists with marketing analytics activities and reports on all Advertising and Promotion (A&P), DM (postal mail, email, telephone) and online initiatives to better understand and identify opportunities to enhance program performance.
- Works closely with end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality and performance; develop and maintain the ability to respond promptly and fully to requests from executives or operating managers for ad hoc analyses, reports and other management information services on a consultative basis.
- Gathers, interprets and provides reporting of customer survey information from a variety of internal and external sources; recommends additional market research activities to augment existing data; manages Guest Experience survey program.
- Collaborates with various cross-function teams such as Marketing, Operations, Business Analytics, and IT to achieve business results.
- Coordinates and implements initiatives to ensure effective marketing databases are managed, ensuring data integrity.
- Ensures compliance with all data management policies and procedures including Crown Corporation partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- Personifies Great Canadian’s Values in action: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship.
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving Service Excellence.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing, customer, business or operational analytics.
- Post-secondary degree ideally in marketing, business or commerce or an equivalent field with a focus on business intelligence.
- Experience with customer/consumer centric organizations; at least one of the following preferred: hospitality, gaming, hotels, F&B, entertainment, resorts, retail, or packaged goods.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts in support of analyses and reporting an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy including MS Office – particularly Excel/Access; knowledge of business intelligence/ data mining applications such as Cognos or SQL is preferred. MS Visio experience would be an asset.
- An understanding of marketing analytical tools (Salesforce, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Webtrends, AdWords etc.) would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and quick learner, ability and willingness to work under a strictly regulated data management environment.
Please note this is a Corporate position to be based at the South Tower Office at River Rock Casino Resort.
If this sounds like a GREAT opportunity for you, we invite you register your interest. If your skills and experience are a match for our position, our professional recruiters will be in contact with you. Thank you for your application and your interest in Great Canadian.