The Marketing Management Department in the School of Business at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is seeking full-time non-regular faculty instructors, for a one-year appointment. The appointments will commence in September 2012 and January 2013. The successful candidate(s) will be required to teach 3rd and 4th year courses in support of the School of Business Marketing Certificate, Marketing Diploma, and Bachelor of Business in Administration in Marketing Management Degree.
Minimum required qualifications for teaching in the Marketing Management program include the following:
- Master’s Degree, preferably an M.B.A.
- PhD preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industry in various progressively responsible senior marketing positions
- Relevant marketing industry experience, in both large and small companies, across multiple and varied industries at a senior level
- Experience teaching 3rd and 4th and Master’s level courses at a post-secondary institution with a focus on teaching versus research
- Researched Kwantlen’s marketing program to determine which courses are of interest
Not required but viewed as an asset:
- Canadian business experience
- Maintains active website, blog, twitter or other social media accounts
- Senior level strategic management (VP Level, Key Account Executive)
- Incorporation and use of Web 2.0 platforms in both work and teaching environments
School of Business Mission:
To provide students of diverse backgrounds, ages, and aspirations with a quality business education that prepares them for success in the workplace and graduate school.