- Be a part of a values-based organization with a mission to leave the earth better than we found it.
- Fantastic work atmosphere and supportive team members.
About Nature's Path
Nature’s Path is a sustainably-driven, deliciously-healthy organic food company that believes in "leaving the earth better than we found it". At Nature’s Path, we believe in the idea that you can come to work, and help make the world a better place in the same day. Nature’s Path has received numerous awards such as the Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for in Canada, the Greenest Employers award, BC’s Top Employers award, and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers award.
As a family-run, privately-owned company with locations in Canada and the U.S., our company was founded with strong entrepreneurial spirit and mission to leave the Earth better than we found it, which has become part of everything we do. Since our establishment in 1985, we have expanded to employ a team of over 600 employees in U.S. and Canada! Our company’s innovative brands include Nature’s Path, Love Crunch, Envirokidz and Que Pasa.
Our goal is to be a trusted name for quality organic foods in every home– socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and financially viable. We believe that everyone should have access to delicious food that is both good for people and the planet.
About The Opportunity
At Nature’s Path, our mission is to leave the earth better than we found it. As our In-Field Region Lead, you are the local face of our brand in your assigned community driven to get organic food into consumer hands and homes through sampling and event opportunities.
Reporting to the In-Field Marketing Manager, you will help to identify relevant ways to bring Nature’s Path brands to life through sampling opportunities that are aligned with our national brand and sales strategies and priorities.
You’re flexible, detailed oriented, enjoy a fast-paced, high-change environment and work to ensure your freelance team of local Brand Ambassadors over deliver on the Nature’s Path sampling experience. As an active member in the Marketing/Communications area, you understand that sampling opportunities are also connected to and support digital/social, influencer relations, PR and experiential events.
Critical outcomes for this role include:
Support the In-Field Marketing Manager in creating relevant sampling opportunities and events that reflect Nature’s Path brand and sales priorities as well as our brand values.
- Lead and execute in-field sampling programs for Nature’s Path and its brands in (insert region) to the right consumer at the right time.
- Work closely with the In-Field Marketing to help define ideas and local opportunities to build brand awareness and drive product trial that are in line with Nature’s Path brand values, expectations and seasonal, marketing programs/campaigns.
- Ensure an excellent understanding of brand and sales targets in your region to ensure efforts reflect related priorities.
- Understand the consumer landscape in your region and how best to connect/approach and reach to connect our different brands and consumption occasions.
- Identify and engage in local events to sample our product(s) that are relevant to the company and our brands.
- Support and amplify national digital and social media plans around product launches and initiatives in your region.
- Act as regional intelligence sharing consumer and competitive insights in a timely manner.
Lead and manage a freelance/contract team of Brand Ambassadors.
- Source and hire local Brand Ambassadors who are a brand fit for sampling events.
- Train and lead your local team to ensure they are true stewards of our brand promise, values and culture.
- Clearly communicate sampling expectations and brand guidelines to Brand Ambassadors in order to achieve and successfully meet targets to drive trial.
- Continually engage in all facets of the activation of your in-field sample plan executed by your Brand Ambassadors.
- Excite consumers through your Brand Ambassador interactions resulting in future product purchase.
Analyse and track the efforts of your team and prepare top-line reports that measure and evaluate results which includes providing insight on best practices while highlighting areas for improvement and wins.
- Create and ensure timely reporting of sampling and event efforts.
- Gather consumer feedback, provide insights regarding brand image, product performance, consumer preference and competitive analysis.
- Execute scorecards for in-field marketing activities like in-store demos, sampling events.
- Demonstrate and report on how sample efforts are linked to sales lift.
- Contribute to a comprehensive and insightful analysis of in-field efforts to support and review consumer marketing strategies with the overall sampling team and In-Field Marketing Manager.
Collaborate with brand and sales to build mutual, market level goals/objectives, along with a regional sampling schedule.
- Recommend which products to sample, when and how based on your knowledge of your region, consumers and competitive landscape.
- Work with sales to create a schedule to assist with in-store demos and product merchandising, reviewed and approved by the In-Field Marketing Manager.
- Help to build strong and effective relationships with local retailers which includes maintaining healthy relationships with key contacts in your region by being a superior networker.
- Based on the knowledge and understanding of your region, identify and selectively support cross-marketing opportunities with sales and marketing/communication teams.
- Support national digital and social media tactics around product launches and brand initiatives in the field.
Success in this role will require:
Degree in a related field of study (marketing) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an activation and sampling related leadership role in Marketing
- Experience managing a team is an asset
- Food or organic industry experience is a plus
- Exemplify the Nature’s Path culture and values in all communication and interactions
- Think on the fly and create solutions with what’s at hand
- Adept at negotiations, logistics, reporting and team development
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others
- Highly organized and self-starting, entrepreneurial work style
- Understanding of both sales and marketing functions
- Detailed oriented, extremely organized, able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision
- Results oriented
- Team player, collaborative and flexible
- Physically able to set up displays, adjust shelves, move product, activate events and so on
- Ability to travel throughout your region including overnight travel
- Position requires a licensed driver with a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurers
Nature’s Path “Must-have’s”
- You have an unrelenting desire to be successful and chase down growth
- You have a sense of humour and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You have a high sense of urgency and act with speed and agility
Upon joining Nature's Path, you will become part of a vibrant team that contributes to bringing healthy, organic food to the world in a sustainable way. At Nature’s Path, we follow 5 core competencies and, as a result, strive to build a culture that is: performance driven, always improving, team focused, honourable and respectful, and sustainably and socially conscious.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nature’s Path Foods. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Nature’s Path.