Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Communication Designer is responsible for developing and producing highly effective marketing campaigns and activities. As the design & production lead, you will have a good design eye, while understanding that design in business is more about clean, professional outcomes with good coordination and tight production timing, and you’re comfortable driving those timelines and deliverables. As a self-starter and self-manager, you will work with the in-house designer to evaluate the best options for a project, taking into account cost constraints, time crunches, and the fast pace of coordinating a team that’s always on the move.
Marketing & Communications
- Learn and apply the unique characteristics of each GEG properties in order to produce effective marketing and communications products.
- Deliver strategic, creative, resonant and innovative communication solutions to attain marketing and communications objectives for each property by listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating each event’s marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Research, write and edit copy in consistent writing style.
Design & Production
- Develop and design collateral and other marketing communications for direct marketing programs and sales tools.
- Translate ideas into creative and fresh designs for a young sector who enjoy a fun nightlife and entertainment lifestyle while following the brand identity for each venue.
- Produce and Coordinate the production and timely distribution of various communications with outside vendors, printers, advertisers.
- Serve as liaison between advertising agencies, print suppliers, freelance talent, photographers, and various marketing services.
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in communications, marketing, design or related, plus a minimum of 2 years experience in graphic design and communications.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS5 including, but not limited to, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, with demonstrated graphic design and creative ability.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, social media networking tools and platforms. Understanding of new technologies and their application to marketing principles; basic knowledge of SEO, website maintenance, web development tools and concepts is an asset.
- Excellent copy editing skills
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, action-oriented and able to manage multiple projects from concept to completion under tight deadlines.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work under pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and sense of urgency.