Bringing structure to the unstructured by unleashing the power of information OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information. OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
The over-riding purpose or objective of the department as it contributes to the greater organization. The Field Content Manager will support the product marketing teams in developing enablement materials as part of their key GTM activities thus helping drive organizational readiness.
The core focus for this role will be working very closely with each Product Marketing Manager as the SME for each GTM effort to develop and roll out enablement materials that will help customer-facing staff identify, position, and win new opportunities. This person will work on several projects at once, adhering to tight deadlines, identifying project risks and communicating progress to senior leadership. This position reports to the head of Product Marketing Programs.
- Coordinate each enablement content development project working very closely with each Product Marketing Manager as the SME for each effort where the key deliverable will be a quality field playbook that will package up the tools, guidance and techniques sales reps need to engage in meaningful conversations with customers
- Work effectively across the organization building strong working relationships with marketing, field enablement, and regional sales and services leaders
- Be the key go to person for the templates of enablement content produced for customer-facing staff as part of GTM efforts
- Work with stakeholders from product marketing, field marketing, field enablement, account development, sales, solutions consulting and services to continuously adapt and improve the enablement content and field playbook templates to meet changing needs
- Each content development project will include conducting both primary and secondary research; facilitating research interviews and workshops; working with cross-functional teams to finalize and approve the content; and creating a final deliverable with the SME for consumption
- Help coordinate supplementary enablement materials
- Communicate and coordinate the successful distribution of the field playbooks and associated materials
- Monitor of usage and training efforts working closely with product marketing and field enablement teams
- Manage multiple project streams concurrently
- Track, measure, analyze and report results of all programs. Recommend optimization that achieves improved results.
What you will bring:
If you are an objective and data-driven marketer who takes initiative, is willing to both think strategically and roll up your sleeves to execute this may be the job for you. We’re looking for a thinker and a leader who is also very willing to learn and grow. We need someone who has translatable experience but who is comfortable creating processes from scratch, and who works well cross-functional departments.
- A minimum of five years of product marketing or business development experience with a mix of both highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in driving qualified marketing and sales leads. Experience with account management in a high-tech environment would be very beneficial.
- Very strong research and writing skills, and a minimum of three years successfully developing field facing content. Samples highly desirable.
- Familiarity with solutions selling and the challenger messaging framework.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with people who have differing work styles from your own.
- Very strong negotiation and persuasion skills. Ability to *sell- your vision and action plan in a way that ensures others’ buy-in.
- Experience building, working with and leading cross-functional teams, from concept to execution.
- Effective and proven project management skills.
- Ability to see both the strategic big picture, and execute against detail. You must know the difference between strategy and tactics, and be able to manage your time and work accordingly.
- The ability to capably manage projects, delegate when needed, prioritize, juggle numerous projects and project details, and communicate upwardly as appropriate.
- Strong and committed work ethic and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Our definition of an objective and data-driven marketer includes someone who can capably:
- Establish a single, measurable objective and develop a program to meet the objective
- Analyze and draw implications, conclusion and impacts from the data
- Determine the best ways to optimize upcoming programs using this information from past programs
- Education: Minimum education or equivalent credentials the incumbent must possess in order to qualify for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.