Marketing & Events Coordinator full-time
Park Royal Shopping Centre is one of Vancouver’s premier shopping centres with over 1.2 million square feet of retail space, and 280 stores and services. Found in the beautiful seaside community of West Vancouver, it is minutes from the Lions Gate Bridge and is the meeting point for shoppers on both the North Shore and other areas of Metro Vancouver.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Sustainability and part of a strong marketing team and a dynamic office environment, this role has a crucial part in the diverse marketing activities of the shopping centre and will be an integral part of the future growth of Park Royal.
Works collaboratively with relevant departments of the centre to create, activate and project manage various marketing activities for Park Royal, including:
1.0 Customer events, promotions and communications, i.e.:
- event management and sales promotions development to drive customer traffic
- management of all aspects of the marketing communications mix, including advertising, collateral material, web and other interactive channels, direct mail, PR, etc.
2.0 Retail partner liaison in terms of events and communications
3.0 Makes connections within the community to maximize Park Royal’s position
4.0 Prepares creative briefs and liaises with external agencies and designers
5.0 Effective budget management
6.0 Builds strong working relationships with all internal departments and external partners
7.0 Other company projects as required
- A degree/diploma in Business or Marketing.
- 3-5 years marketing experience in a multi-priority marketing department or at an advertising/design/events agency.
- Strong background in event development and organization.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Organized, able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Experienced project manager.
- Excellence in execution with strong attention-to-detail.
- Good analytical, business and financial skills.
- Knowledge of sustainability principles would be an definite asset.
- Be resourceful and proactive when formulating insights, identifying opportunities and strategies.
- Positive, can-do attitude with excellent and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.