Job Purpose Summary
The Marketing Engineer helps the marketing team with all things digital. As it relates to Hyperwallet.com, our Salesforce integration, and our Marketo implementation, we need this individual to fix, implement, advise, revise, improve, and solve. Repeat.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and experience managing many different WordPress websites. Must be able to make updates to Hyperwallet.com for updates that can be minor in scope at times, such as making changes to buttons, sections, or content using existing templates/themes. But more importantly, be able to make updates frequently that can be major in scope that requires hacking WordPress to make a particular layout fit and function properly within the existing template/theme. Keeping the mobile site in mind when making revisions is critical.
- In the short term, a major update to Hyperwallet.com will be this individual’s primary responsibility and number one priority.
- Dig into our integration of Salesforce and Marketo to understand whether things are working correctly, whether email blasts are pulling the right contacts and fields, whether new actions (clicks, site visits) are being updated within both Salesforce and Marketo, and developing a plan to appropriately leverage Marketo’s scoring system.
- Set up a new content marketing site (3rd party) so that writers can upload new content as it is ready.
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics to make sure tracking is working properly and to add conversion tracking to all webpages to improve marketing’s ability to track conversion rates and measure ROI.
- Engineering degree from a 4-year university.
- Deep experience working with WordPress required.
- Experience working with Salesforce and Marketo is a plus, but quick aptitude and willingness to learn their functionality is critical.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code.
- Collaborative mentality and a team player.
- Ability to follow directions and stick to timelines.
- Must be able to work from Hyperwallet’s Vancouver office (Tech Center).
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to commit at least 20 hours per week from NOW through mid-October. During this time, negotiations possible to work up to 35 hours per week to get the updated website launched.
- After mid-October, possible to work on an ongoing basis of 1 full day per week or 7-8 hours spread out over a week.