Are you a marketing leader with a passion for television and filmed entertainment? Do you have experience leading a marketing team? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Based in Vancouver, OUTtv is a growing vibrant broadcaster and streaming service that is expanding internationally. We are looking for a Marketing Director to work directly under the Chief Marketing Officer. The Marketing Director will be responsible for the development, management and execution of broadcast and SVOD marketing campaigns, social, publicity and partner relations. This is a senior-level position and experience in broadcast and/or digital entertainment is desirable but not essential. This person will develop and execute campaigns and also contribute to long term strategy. This role is responsible for managing a team of 4-6 people, both employees and contractors and will liaise between the marketing and the technical teams.
As the Marketing Director you will
- Lead a marketing and creative team to develop, manage and execute marketing plans for the network and specific programming
- Maintain marketing campaign calendar and define timelines from ideation to launch
- Delegate responsibilities, assignments and tasks to marketing team and contractors as necessary
- Work closely with the broadcast operations and product team, production partners and platforms including Amazon Prime and Apple TV
- Evaluate content performance and make recommendations to CMO and management team based on performance metrics
- Be the day-to-day point of contact for marketing inquiries and approvals
- 5-7 years of experience in a marketing role, or a combination of strategy, program management, communications, and business operations field; with 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- Master storyteller with a proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to present ideas to an executive audience
- Ability to drive projects from concept to completion and effectively manage cross-functional teams
- Experience managing suppliers, budgets, external agencies and third parties
- Analytical mindset, demonstrated ability to apply data and insights to strategy and to drive results
- Proven team leadership role
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- High energy with the ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance
- Proven experience thinking out-of-the-box and solving tough strategic problems; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop solutions
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Strong desire to learn, experiment, and innovate with technology
- Familiarity with digital marketing platforms and tools (Mailchimp, Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords etc).
- Acceptance of furry friends as we're a dog friendly office
- Positive attitude and a love for what you do
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At OUTtv we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OUTtv believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!