Director of Marketing
Dream boldly, be wildly creative, take risks and go out on a limb. Streak across the field, execute a crazy idea and infuse your entrepreneurial spirit in all that you do.
Taken straight from the needs analysis with our client, an all-natural energy drink substitute with a cult like following around their brand, we are on the hunt for their next new Director of Marketing who will come with big ideas and a track record of success with a consumer brand.
The overarching goal of the role is to increase brand awareness with a focus on customer acquisition. Develop and execute a robust digital marketing strategy and ultimately move product in Canada,US, Australia, and other growing global markets for the brand.
If you’re the one in your group known for your mad-genius creativity, then keep reading.
What you’re going to be doing:
- Develop and lead our customer acquisition strategy.
- Own the strategic marketing plan from inception through to execution including identity, brand awareness and driving sales
- Manage online marketing efforts including site optimization, online retail partners (Amazon).
- Lead brand social channel follower and engagement strategy
- Manage offline marketing efforts including guerrilla marketing, promotions, sponsorships, sampling, events and PR
- Own the consumer marketing budget and framework, set departmental goals and KPIs and coach members of the department
- Work with cross functionally with founder, sales and other departments on new product development
- Work with our Trade Marketing Manager to ensure programs are in sync.
- Champion the evolution of our brand look, feel,and format.
- Conduct market research on trends and competitors
- Be an integral part of the new product development team.
- Be data driven, using analytics to drive strategy and campaigns
- Report on campaign ROI and adjust based on results
What you need to have:
- At least 5-8 years in a marketing leadership role with a successful track record building and executing successful online and offline campaigns, preferably in B2C
- Experience developing marketing plans, go-to-market strategy, and marketing campaign calendars
- Bachelor of Arts Degree or similar designation in marketing, business or other relevant fields
- Understanding of online analytics, ecommerce and data-driven decision making
- Demonstrated track record in creating and executing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Experience conceiving of and running out of the box, wildly creative marketing campaigns
- A fearless and creative approach to your work
- Excellent communication skills and a love for all things social and relationship building
- A sense of humour and passion for life in general
- Office is located in Coquitlam
- There is some flexibility to working in the office with one or two work-from-home-days a week
- They are building a culture in the office so there does need to be presence
- They are considering a DT Vancouver location but that is still in early stage conception