Marketing Director or VP full-time
Location: Vancouver, BC
Company Name: Colintex (http://www.colintex.com/)
Category: Business Dev/Sales, Marketing
Our Vancouver based apparel client has raised the bar and is looking for a SUPER STAR Marketing Director or VP. The ideal candidate will come from a Promotional Products, Retail, or Apparel background and will have a strong understanding of Branding, Communications, and dealing with multi-media marketing platforms. Reporting directly to the President, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for developing and implementing all of the Company’s marketing initiatives which will result in enhanced growth, increased brand differentiation and higher profitably.
- Continue to strengthen and enhance the Company brand, by reinforcing the Brand culture.
- Development of an effective marketing campaign that will promote the culture of the Brand and demand for the products and names for the various product categories that promote the culture.
- Develop new marketing projects and initiatives to heighten Brand presence.
- Oversee sponsorship programs, product placements and company athletes.
Catalog, Website and Videos
- Ensure a consistent brand message throughout all communications including catalogues, website, magazines, advertising and sales material.
- Strengthen the written communication of our selling features in both the catalogue and website.
- Lead initiatives to promote and communicate a strong customer service message through our website, catalogue and on hold phone recordings.
- Oversee the development of the website and catalogue, including directing all photography requirements, both still and video.
- Write all copy for new products and improve current copy writing in all publications Create concept and manage execution of monthly press releases, creation of press kits, and pitch new story ideas to media.
- Ensure that market and competitive information remains current and that all constituents are up-to-date.
- Plan, develop and oversee activities with media representatives and other public contacts in order to build the Brand awareness through third party publications and sponsorship.
- Establish a Company magazine.
Sales and Product
- Conduct competitive research and analysis on products, services, websites and pricing in the market to provide insights into new product development and pricing.
- Research and maintain information on our competitors with respect to competing products.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop tools that promote branding initiatives consistent with company business goals and objectives.
- Build consistency with marketing/sales strategies and concepts and roll out across company.
- Recommend and manage all national promotions, events and sponsorships.
- Generate creative concepts and manage graphic design and copy for media campaigns and e-mail blasts.
- Develop a system to collect and analyze customer feedback.
- Oversee all materials and attendance for Trade Shows.
- In collaboration with the President and CEO, develop and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will result in profitable growth. Develop new strategic initiatives as well as new product opportunities .
- Produce in-depth market assessment, sales information and customer retention data to define gaps in business strategy and develop recommendations for action based on sound analysis .
- Strategically guide the product/service roadmap and go-to-market approach with a focus on identifying new growth opportunities.
- Partner on the development and delivery of the organization's corporate annual strategic plan .
- Oversee research for key strategic initiatives, including identification of key issues, management of member research, analysis, and development of comprehensive business cases .
- Prepare reports and offer interpretation of competitive activity for sales, marketing, operations and executive management..
- Oversee the development of a concrete marketing plan and budget for each fiscal year. The plan will clearly establish priorities, milestones that support the Company's growth aspirations.
- Lead, recruit, and grow a talented product/analytics team.
- Bachelors degree - MBA preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a marketing related role.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience leading and analyzing primary and secondary market research and competitive analysis.
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record as a successful people manager. Experience managing and developing direct reports.
- Strategic thinker, innovative, creative and collaborative.
- Ability to plan and organize in complex and competitive environments.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page