The Primary Objective is to develop and implement an annual strategic Marketing plan for the shopping centre that is designed to continually deliver a distinctive experience that exceeds our customers' expectations and will demonstrate measurable results that will ultimately contribute to the achievement of the property's business objectives while holding integrity of the company's marketing vision.
- Design the strategic annual Marketing Plan and budget for the property (which may include brand strategy), in collaboration with the Director of Regional Marketing and the General Manager.
- Analyze and interpret research, set objectives, formulate strategies and tactics that work to develop the Mayfair Shopping Centre brand by promoting and offering product and services that differentiate the brand, create value, surprise and delight customers.
- Develop and manage the annual Marketing budget for the property, including projecting Promotion Fund, Media Fund, and landlord's contribution working within the economics of the retailer.
- Implement, oversee and enforce the shopping centre's service standards and promise to ensure consistent delivery of exceptional experience.
- Evaluate and monitor service processes at every opportunity from the customer's perspective.
- Oversee all facets of the shopping centre's Customer Experience Programme including the management of Customer Service personnel, service offerings, and mall ambassador programme(s).
- Responsible for the management of the Guest Services Supervisor, and work closely with this person to hire, train and develop the Customer Service Team in keeping with the Shopping Centre's branded service strategy.
- Constantly strive to improve and build upon the Centre's Brand Experience Program.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, troubleshoot and resolve non-routine customer complaints.
- Evaluate all forms of research including market, customer, competitor data and economic forecasts to develop the strategic brand positioning for the Centre.
- In collaboration with the Market Research Department and Director of Regional Marketing, co-ordinate and manage all research projects, both quantitative and qualitative, while working within budget guidelines.
Special Events, Promotions and Advertising:
- Plan and execute a results oriented, cost effective advertising campaigns that are appropriate for the centre, communicate the centre brand and contribute to the achievement of the property's objectives.
- Manage a professional agency to develop a distinctive campaign and oversee the successful execution of the centre's creative and message strategies to create brand awareness and alliance; promote special events and key retail periods; and highlight retailers.
- Organize a communication platform to promote key events and special promotions.
- Plan and execute traffic and merchandising events designed to appeal to the property's key target segments and contribute to centre sales.
- Capitalize on timely trends and current culture through community initiatives and promotions.
- National Sponsorship: Work with the National Sponsorship area to successfully execute national sponsorship programmes and identify possible revenue generating opportunities through sponsorship of local events.
- Maintain the centre's web site to ensure the design and content are current, correct and on brand.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of online programs that emphasize increasing traffic, brand awareness and sales.
- Oversee all digital and social pages and website; uploading and update daily content calendars, blog submissions, ensure posting have been edited, tagged and integrated into the appropriate social pages
- Manage content creation of blog topics.
- Liaise with retailers and approve their digital postings, sales and events.
- Produce an annual digital plan that utilizes analysis and research to set objectives, formulate strategies and detail marketing tactics.
- Implement methods for data capture of traffic, retailer participation and usage; track social media traffic and data, report monthly and make recommendations for changes.
- Provide feedback and input on marketing activities from a digital perspective.
- Assist in the creation of artwork as needed for digital and other applications.
- Ensure that promotions and events have digital exposure through the various digital assets.
- Monitor digital trends and evaluate feasibility and suitability of new digital programs that could be used to promote the property.
Retailer and Community Relations:
- Act as the primary contact for the property to liaise with all community organizations including schools, charities, sports clubs, chambers of commerce and local government.
- Manages Charitable Giving Program and responds to all donation requests.
- Integrate non-profit utilization and events in the centre and help raise funds for community non-profit organizations.
- Prepares management team for all media and event opportunities to further shopping centre goals.
- With the General Manager, foster positive retailer relations.
- Offer marketing expertise and assist retailers to help maximize their sales.
- Host regular meetings and maintain regular communication with the retailers.
- Leverage opportunities for community relations and fundraising through the on-going support of key local events, charities and business groups in order to maintain visibility of the property, and to promote the centre as a good corporate citizen.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with media representatives.
- Develop, execute and supervise a variety of communications and public relations efforts such as writing press releases, media relations’ materials, speeches and presentations, and internal and external newsletters.
- Coordinate media events, as required.
- Maintain a positive organizational image with tenants by establishing effective business relationships on a local level to maximize sale productivity and event participation.
- Monitor and control the annual budgeted revenue and expenses for the Promotion Fund under the guidelines established by Ivanhoe Cambridge.
- Working with the retailer leases, project annual Marketing Fund revenues.
- Work with Accounts Administrator to monitor monthly income obtained from Rent Roll collection of Marketing Funds.
- Utilize a budget control sheet and purchase order systems, approve quotations and process invoices for Marketing Fund expenses.
- Maintain promotion, public relations, customer experience and research files that are current and organized and ensure event analyses are completed regularly.
- Work with General Manager and Leasing to provide input into the property mix that is in keeping with the strategic property vision and brand, and identify opportunities to promote new store openings.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of retailer sales performance, category analysis, percentage rent analysis, retail trends, developments in trade area and economic factors that impact property performance.
- Oversee all aspects of the gift card program at the property level in collaboration with the General Manager and Accounts Administrator.
- Work with National Customer Service Manager to implement and evaluate the Mystery Shopper Program including follow-up with participating retailers.
- Works with the Operations Manager and third party contractors to ensure the seamless execution of all program that pertain to Marketing.
- Remains alert to developments in the shopping centre industry and monitors competitor changes.
- Provides support for such other projects and tasks as may be requested by General Manager from time to time.
- University Degree required (Business/Marketing Major preferred).
- Five years of previous experience in managing customer relations, preferably in a service-oriented industry.
- Previous experience in social and digital marketing
- Strong sense of fashion & design.
- High level of creativity and proficient in identifying and acting on opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to identify new opportunities to generate new customer experiences.
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to see the bigger picture.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Good understanding of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Excellent communication and proven presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Aptitude to embrace change and welcome new approaches in an exceedingly evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Pays attention to the ongoing development of his/her own marketing and shopping centre industry skills.
- Due to the nature of the business and extended operating hours, the Marketing Director must be flexible and available to work after hours and weekends as required.